Def Tech sub/monitor setup ...

sweeppicker

sweeppicker

Audioholic Intern
I own the SM 450s. I want to run a Supercube I to each monitor. How would I do this ? My preamp only has an output for 1 sub. Second question.....Looking to get a Krell KAS 200s off Ebay. 200 Watts/channel. Is this gonnna fry my speakers ? lol. I want to get the maximum performance/sound quality out of them for post sound mixing. I'm moving into a spacious room hence the need for the subs. Thanks in adavance.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
sweeppicker said:
I own the SM 450s. I want to run a Supercube I to each monitor. How would I do this ? My preamp only has an output for 1 sub. Second question.....Looking to get a Krell KAS 200s off Ebay. 200 Watts/channel. Is this gonnna fry my speakers ? lol. I want to get the maximum performance/sound quality out of them for post sound mixing. I'm moving into a spacious room hence the need for the subs. Thanks in adavance.

Why don't you just order a 1-SVS PB12-Plus/2 instead of 2-Supercubes? Or Go all the way with the SVS PB12-Ultra/2.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You can split the signal from your processor/reciever with a simple y adapter. I agree with the previous poster, that the subwoofer money could be better spent. I havent heard too many things about Deftech's subs, but 2400 could be better spent.

SVS PB12-ISD/2 or higher would work well, how big is this new room?

SheepStar

sweeppicker

sweeppicker

Audioholic Intern
Well, I ve never heard the SVS. The Def Techs are pretty compact and have gotten great reviews. Plus I thought it was best to stick to the same speaker manufacturer so they blend better but I m willing to audition other brands.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Speakers and subwoofer don't have to match, thats why there are subwoofer only companies. Read some of the reviews on SVS, you might like them. They definatly offer great performance for the buck.

SheepStar

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
A good quality y adapter will work. I used to run 2 subs that way. I have def techs with the built in subs and wanted a little more bottom end. I sold my 2 subs (one cerwin vega and one jbl) and bought an svs 25-31 pci. It is a great piece of equipment and blends well with my def techs. If you want to go with small cubes, I'm sure the super cubes will work just fine.

sweeppicker

sweeppicker

Audioholic Intern
Well I saw some freq resp curves comparing the Def Tech to the SVS. Looks like the SVS smokes it.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Well I saw some freq resp curves comparing the Def Tech to the SVS.
Where did you find this, I'd like to take a look.

BTW, you may need something like the Outlaw ICBM for proper L/R separation instead of a Y-adapter. The 450s should handle 200W amp.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis