Def Tech RCS II and other In-Ceiling Speakers

B

beatbox

Audiophyte
Hello everyone! I'm looking for 2 pairs of in-ceiling speakers for my backyard. They are currently building a roof over the outdoor bar, and I'm gonna need some great speakers for entertainment and parties. I narrowed it down to Definitive Technology's RCS III speaker or RSS III, but I'm also open to other suggestions. The RCS III are intended for fronts, which I like for stereo, but it seems like the sound only travels in one direction. The RSS III however are intended to be surround speakers, which is what I want because the sound will be spacious so everyone will hear it equally, but surround speakers usually don't sound as well as front speakers for a 4 channel stereo (or so I've heard). So my question to you guys is, what in-ceiling speaker is the best for 4 channel stereo for outdoor use? Again, I am open to other speaker suggestions you guys might have. There really is no budget for I want the best possible sound. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Hello everyone! I'm looking for 2 pairs of in-ceiling speakers for my backyard. They are currently building a roof over the outdoor bar, and I'm gonna need some great speakers for entertainment and parties. I narrowed it down to Definitive Technology's RCS III speaker or RSS III, but I'm also open to other suggestions. The RCS III are intended for fronts, which I like for stereo, but it seems like the sound only travels in one direction. The RSS III however are intended to be surround speakers, which is what I want because the sound will be spacious so everyone will hear it equally, but surround speakers usually don't sound as well as front speakers for a 4 channel stereo (or so I've heard). So my question to you guys is, what in-ceiling speaker is the best for 4 channel stereo for outdoor use? Again, I am open to other speaker suggestions you guys might have. There really is no budget for I want the best possible sound. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
GoldenEar Invisa MPX line, but I am not sure for outdoor speakers.

Hookedonc4

Hookedonc4

Audioholic
I am open to other speaker suggestions you guys might have. There really is no budget for I want the best possible sound. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I would look at James loudspeakers outdoor/Marine speakers.

QXC Series speakers feature a unique three piece installation method employing a light weight frame, independent speaker body and border-less grille. All enclosures are constructed of aircraft/marine grade aluminum, making these speakers a perfect choice for any vessel or outdoor environment.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis