Dedicated Sub. Can I Free It?

M

Mondo

Audiophyte
I have just bought from EBAY a Pioneer ns-vd1000 satalite +sub all new but with no DVD. I want to connect the sub to my AV AMP .The amp has 5 channels plus sub output and also pre amp outputs for all 5 channels.
I want to use the AV to run the satalites but feed the sub via the sub out put, but the sub has a one connection lead to the DVD that I presume switches it on and takes the DVD preamp sinals.
Anyone know how to frig it...or does anyone know if I can get the DVD1000 DVD seperate?
Thanks (new guy today)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Huh? If the sub has a preamp level input, you should be able to connect it to any receiver with a sub pre-out. Is that what you are asking?

M

Mondo

Audiophyte
hanks
im new so just finding my way ......
The sub has a multi pin connection to the DVD/AV , nothing I can tap into. I thought about cutting the interconnecting plug off the DVD end and try seeing which wire does what, but I dont know if one should leave well alone or not.

I imagine down the interconnet lead there will be a preamp output for all the channels plus the sub...the sub has the power amp that drives all 5 channels and of course the sub

majorloser

majorloser

Stupid Question Of The Day

Are you located in Europe? If not, the power requirements are different.

Upon going through Pioneer's web site to find out what you have, I noticed that this item is part of a European HTIB set. The controller/DVD player was all part of the set. There must have been a break-out cable for connecting the powered sub to the controller/DVD player. The sub supplies the power to the speakers.

EDIT: web site- http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=2447&taxonomy_id=62-100

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Those wires are almost certainly just signal then . If the sub has no preamp or speaker level input, then you would basically have to figure out which wires took which signal to drive the sub and splice into that harness. You are probably better off just selling the unit as is or trying to find the DVD player that goes with it because it won't be worth anything once you splice into the harness.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
This system is similar to my friends Panny HTIB. You NEED the DVD player/Receiver in order for it to work.

SheepStar

majorloser

majorloser

Sheep said:
This system is similar to my friends Panny HTIB. You NEED the DVD player/Receiver in order for it to work.

SheepStar
More than likely the controller/DVD player is also the trigger to turn on the subwoofer power.

EDIT: I hate to say it, but "Welcome to the versatility of Home Theater in a Box" (HTIB). The companies don't leave any room for change or expansion to the original system

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
majorloser said:
More than likely the controller/DVD player is also the trigger to turn on the subwoofer power.

EDIT: I hate to say it, but "Welcome to the versatility of Home Theater in a Box" (HTIB). The companies don't leave any room for change or expansion to the original system
Some yamaha units do. They use HTR receivers.

SheepStar

M

Mondo

Audiophyte
thanks

I guessed youd all say what I was dreding. I guess the harness for all models will be different.I might try tad of fuse wire down see if i can hear a hum that will give away the subs inputs. Im not bothered about using the subs internal 5 channel amp I will use my own.

Thanks anyway...If anyone hears of a ns-vd Pioneer 1000 DVD let me know

Thanks Ray

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis