dealing w/ spring clips

P

pshseek

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Does anybody know a good method of connecting thick 10 or 12 gauge speaker wire to these lousy spring clips found on some receivers? &nbsp;Is there anything I could buy to help with this connection?</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have the same problem, I solved it by buying some Monster &quot;quick-lock&quot; flex-pin connectors. &nbsp;

They are a bit different from standard pins as they seem to be braided cable the had the end soldered together before the gold plating. &nbsp;The locking mechanism isn't too bad, but I do have my doubts on it. &nbsp;They are also wuite expensive, cost $40 for enough connectors to make 2 cables. &nbsp;Typical monster cable mark-up in action.

Anyways, any pin type conenctor will work, but It's kinda against the point ofhaving 12ga just to go to a solid 16/14ga pin.

But you gotta live with what you have, unless you really feel like opening the thing up to add binding posts. &nbsp;Since a recent mishap probably voided the warranty on my yamaha, I'm proabably going to work on adding posts soon.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis