Darn Toshiba!!!!!!!!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just got my (5) free HD DVDS that was part of my purchase agreement when I bought my Toshiba A-3. More specifically, I bought it February 27, 2008. The rebate form was mailed on February 28th, 2008. I just today received my (5) free HD DVDS. The sad part is I only received (1) of the (5) I originally picked. :mad::mad: So, I called them up and was told that they reserve the right to make substitutions in the event the original ones I selected were "out of stock".

Well, I moved to my new home a few months ago. Since the form I mailed off had my old address, I contacted Toshiba and gave them my new one. Hence, Toshiba was given plenty of notice regarding my change of address. There also was a US Postal change done so that any mail going to my former address would be forwarded to my new. However, Toshiba claimed in May that they sent my movies out but they came back as being "Undeliverable". :confused::confused: Soon after, I got one excuse after another. In fact, Toshiba's customer service tells me something different every single time I call. :eek::eek: Now, when I bought my A-1 it was basically the same problem with the exception there were no change in address. With that said, it appears things have NOT changed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am now going to file a complaint against Toshiba regarding this in the hopes of getting the movies I originally selected. This will be done via my Attorney General's Office in my state as well as Toshiba. I don't understand why it takes almost 18-weeks to process my order when the form claims 8-10 weeks. At the very least, Toshiba should send me my original (5) selections as well as offer me a few extra. I did receive (1) of my original so to be more specific I meant (4) original selections. Has anybody here had the same or similar problem with Toshiba? If so, how was it resolved? Personally, I think it is sad that Toshiba can NOT seem to get their sh*t together. :(:(

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Phil, very frustrating. Sorry that happened. For me, I would never have encountered it - because I'm almost always too lazy to submit a rebate. :)

Just curious, which four movies did you get that you didn't ask for?

Adam

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, very frustrating. Sorry that happened. For me, I would never have encountered it - because I'm almost always too lazy to submit a rebate. :)

Just curious, which four movies did you get that you didn't ask for?

Adam
Hi Adam here is an overview:
Originally, I was supposed to get as follows:
Aeon Flux
The Thing
Swordfish
Firewall
Black Rain

Here are the movies I received just today:
The Thing
Sleepy Hollow
The Departed
Failure To Launch
Blood Diamond

As you can see The Thing is the ONLY one I originally requested. The rest are NOT even on the original rebate form.....WTF!!!!!! :eek::eek: When I got my A-1 it took over (6) months to get my movies then. What is Toshiba trying to pull here??? The Departed was very good. The Thing was my bad, but the other (3) are not near as good as the ones I originally chose. Anyways, I am confident Toshiba will have to work something out with me. Too bad they didn't even attempt to do so.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Kinda looks like Toshiba is just picking on me..........LOL!!!! :p:p Oh well, it would not be the first time. Sure won't be the last either. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, come on, Phil. How can you not be happy with them? After all, they sent you "Failure to Launch." We all know that you would have picked that in the first place if it had been on the rebate form. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, come on, Phil. How can you not be happy with them? After all, they sent you "Failure to Launch." We all know that you would have picked that in the first place if it had been on the rebate form. :D
Geez Adam there is no fooling you is there......LOL!!!!! :p:p Guess my secret is out about me just loving Chick-Flicks. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Shhhh........don't tell too many...........LOL!!!!! :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I can only surmise that "Into the Blue" was not one of the offered titles. If you had picked that and they shipped you something else, I'd expect to be reading a story about you on CNN right now.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I can only surmise that "Into the Blue" was not one of the offered titles. If you had picked that and they shipped you something else, I'd expect to be reading a story about you on CNN right now.
LOL.......so very true. I used to have a copy of that movie, but it got worn out because of constantly rewinding, slowing down, and zooming in on the scenes where you know who was swimming under water. :eek::eek: Maybe it is time for a fresh new copy eh? A better question would be how long would it last this time???? :D:D My guess-not very long. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis