Dang it, why is AC ran so high up the wall

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
The dang wire sits right at the height of the Klipsch 160 woofer when I measured it at the height of my 8000F's and good for ear height, around 42 inches high.

I’ve read different things over the years about not running audio and ac parallel over a distance and other info saying that passive speakers wouldn’t amplify an adjacent wire. Opinions about leaving it here?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
That looks like zip-cord, not Romex. And you’re right, A/C that high in the wall, running perpendicular at least would be peculiar.

As far as your speaker, it’s nothing to worry about. If you’re concerned, drape an extension cord over one if your in-room speakers and see what happens with the system on. Make sure something is plugged in and operating at the end of the extension cord

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Don't worry about it. 3 inch separation from AC to parallel interconnects is all you need. Even less for speaker cables.

M

mach250

Audioholic Intern
That looks like zip-cord, not Romex.
And you’re right, A/C that high in the wall, running perpendicular at least would be peculiar.

As far as your speaker, it’s nothing to worry about. If you’re concerned, drape an extension cord over one if your in-room speakers and see what happens with the system on. Make sure something is plugged in and operating at the end of the extension cord

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
It is indeed romex, printed on the wire, can kind of make it out upside down and furthest to the right. I'm just terrified of dealing with a hum in the system down the line.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis