R

Redbone

Audioholic
I am trying to calibrate a Hsu STF2 and am having difficulty, first off the thing is way to powerful as it is right now according to my test disc. My main speakers are set to hit 75dB at 00 on the master volume. The Hsu with the volume set at 11 o'clock hits that number 75dB at -12 on the reciever volume and that is with the sub/receiver dB setting at -7.

What am I doing wrong or for that matter what should I do? The sub is blowing the other speakers away in terms of dB level? I thought they should be somewhat even like all at 75dB at the master volume level.

Help-

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
If the sub is overpowering the mains, lower the volume on the subwoofer to achieve integration.

R

Redbone

Audioholic
Yes, thanks for the suggestion but I don't know what the proper calibration should be, it is a bit hard for me to do it by ear. Most of my past experience has been as a bass head.

I did lower the bass considerably and the thump and overpowering are gone but now I don't know if the sub is putting forth enough bass?

cam

cam

Audioholic
Redbone said:
I am trying to calibrate a Hsu STF2 and am having difficulty, first off the thing is way to powerful as it is right now according to my test disc. My main speakers are set to hit 75dB at 00 on the master volume. The Hsu with the volume set at 11 o'clock hits that number 75dB at -12 on the reciever volume and that is with the sub/receiver dB setting at -7.

What am I doing wrong or for that matter what should I do? The sub is blowing the other speakers away in terms of dB level? I thought they should be somewhat even like all at 75dB at the master volume level.

Help-
Are you using a sound pressure meter. If you are there should be no difficulties at all. For now forget the test disc and use your internal test tones. All speakers should be 75 db at your listening position and your sub should be about 3-6 db higher. Human hearing is less sensitive below 100hz. To get my pw-2200 to integrate I set my volume on my sub at 9 0'clock because if I put it much higher I can not make sub volume changes properly through my receiver. Individual adjustments on my receiver goes from +12 to -12, so if I set my sub volume at 11 O'clock I then can not set my individual setting low enough. -12 will then still be to high.

R

Redbone

Audioholic
Yes I am using a radio shack analog meter. I will to what you said, thanks cam and everyone else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis