Dahlquist QX series loudspeakers

J

Jack Dotson

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I've been looking throughout the web and have found very little discussion about the new line of Dahlquist speakers. There are only a couple of reveiews and I was just cursious why there is so little information about this great line of speakers?  I found out about them recently while searching for information on a pair of Axiom's I was going to buy my son for Christmas.  In the HT forum I found several references to this line and many had chose them over the highly coveted Axiom's, which I also really like.  Apparently the Dahlquist name was bought from the original company some time ago and the QX line in production now is a collaberative(sp?) effort between engineers which worked for Paradigm, KEF, Energy, and one or two other lines that I can't remember.  I don't think they're being distributed in the U.S. at all.  To make a long story short, I took a chance because of the glowing reviews/recommendations and they are cheaper then the equilivant Axiom's.  Before I took the plunge I had an in-depth discussion with a salesman (Marc) at the Audioshop in Canada, which is the store I ordered them from.  The guy is very knowledgable, helpful and honest.  He also carries Axiom's and Energy's.  He didn't try to push one over the other, but very professionally gave his honest evaluation of the strengths and waknesses of each, including the ones he thought were the better value.  They arrived yesterday and since my son is home for the weekend and not going to be here for Christmas I gave them to him early.  The model I bought him was the QX-9's and all can say is, WOW!!  My main speakers are PSB Stratus Gold i's, and no, these aren't as good as mine, but I only gave a tad over $500 shipped for these and I've found nothing in thier price range that even comes close.  Just incrdible sound at this price point, this is why I'm so curious.  Seems you would see these things all over the place.  I'd like to see the staff here do some reviews as I know one of their reference systems uses the Axiom's.  Anyone have some more info or comments on this line?  Any idea where I can find some more information?</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis