Dac Chips- ES9038Q2M or AK4490 delta sigma (thoughts-opinions)

jinjuku

jinjuku

Audio Science Review have a stable full of measured DAC's. Seemingly all good sounding dac's present linear response, low distortion, low or no ringing of the fundamental input frequency, and healthy output voltage.

Many of them under $500.

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Audio Science Review have a stable full of measured DAC's. Seemingly all good sounding dac's present linear response, low distortion, low or no ringing of the fundamental input frequency, and healthy output voltage.

Many of them under $500.
Yes, I've read many of amirm's reviews. I would imagine by now, he's done so many, he's probably sick of seeing Dac's.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This isn't the best forum to be asking about DACs anyway. The folks over at Audiogon would probably be more than happy to spend your DAC money.

What I'm wondering is, where's the speaker and sub thread? All this focus on a DAC is largely pointless to most of us here at Audioholics, but speakers we can really sink our teeth into. What did you end up choosing there (sorry if you posted it, I didn't see it in the op)?

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
This isn't the best forum to be asking about DACs anyway. The folks over at Audiogon would probably be more than happy to spend your DAC money.

What I'm wondering is, where's the speaker and sub thread? All this focus on a DAC is largely pointless to most of us here at Audioholics, but speakers we can really sink our teeth into. What did you end up choosing there (sorry if you posted it, I didn't see it in the op)?
Sorry for the late reply Pogre, I don't have automated notices active. I think I did the first day then it just became to much of an annoyance.
For now I am still using the DAC in my P5, and on the other system, just what's in the cd player, (onkyo) which I believe is a burr brown chip. (might not the greatest but it does ok )
To my knowledge my daughter has not chosen one as of yet. Last I spoke with her, she was checking out some tube/dac I guess. I know she told me what it was, but I cant recall off the top of my head what one she said.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis