M

mazzini

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>hi everybody,

i have my dvd player hooked up to my da5es using optical cables. &nbsp;i am unable to listen to the audio output from the dvd in my 3rd room speakers. &nbsp;the cd and tuner work fine in the 3rd room. &nbsp;any ideas?

thanks,
mazzini</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>The 2nd and 3rd zone features on the da5es only work with the analog inputs. &nbsp;If your DVD player supports both the analog and digital outputs working at the same time hook up the analog output to the da5es and in the input set-up area of the da5es set the digital inputs as the ones to use. &nbsp;This should give you high quality digital sound in the main room and very good sound in the 3rd room.</font>

M

mazzini

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>so you're saying that I should use analog cable hookup from dvd to da5es and then tell the da5es to use digital input...

or are you saying that i should use both analog and optical cables to hook up the dvd to the da5es?</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>yes and yes.

Lobo tried to explain that the 2nd and 3rd room can only use the sound coming into the receiver on its analog inputs. So you need to have an analog connection to the receiver from each source that you want to listen to. The digital connection can still be there, and if the receiver is set up to use it, it will (for the main room), but the other rooms need that analog connection.

So use both digital and analog connections for the DVD. The same is true if have a digital satelite system, digital cable box, or CD player connected digitally. Use both, and make sure to set the receiver to &quot;digital&quot; input so that it will always use the digital input for the main room.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis