Cutting Roxul RHT 60

P

pjoseph

Full Audioholic
I picked up a pack of the above has a total of 7 2" sheets.

I would like to make a few 2' X 2' panels for aesthetics purposes only, but wanted to ask how difficult is it to cut this stuff, is it possible to make a clean cut or is it going to be a mess?

Thanks

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I have also seen people use an electric serrated knife as well. And that product has been designed to be easy and clean to install.

Gordon
When I was in grade school I got my mother one for a gift. She still uses it on holidays
I didn't even know they were made anymore. :D

Moutee

Moutee

Junior Audioholic
I used a sawzall to make any cuts, but any long, serrated blade will work. Beware, anyone who says that this product isn't itchy is lying!

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I used a sawzall to make any cuts, but any long, serrated blade will work. Beware, anyone who says that this product isn't itchy is lying!
The fan in the Sawzall tends to blow that stuff around a bit.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
When I was in grade school I got my mother one for a gift. She still uses it on holidays
I didn't even know they were made anymore. :D
Mine still works. I think it is used more for other cuts than the turkey or ham. ;):D

H

HifiSystems1

Enthusiast
Since this is for aesthetic purposes as well, you might create a guide for cutting clean and straight lines. I have had success with very rigid carboard, and even a 2x4 !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis