Currently have Optimus LX-10s, wondering if they are comparable to newer loudspeakers

Funkadelik

Funkadelik

Audiophyte
So I've inherited these LX-10s from one of my stepdads years ago. I've just recently started upgrading my sound equipment so I tried researching them to see if I should replace them or not.

The problem that I am having is I cannot really gauge what newer speakers would be comparable to them. I am also not sure if I even really need to upgrade.

1. Would a newer pair of ($500-800) Polk or Klipsch standing speakers be a noticeably vast improvement over the LX-10s?

2.I love the sounds of the highs on these things but I really feel like there is something missing from the overall sound. Would the horn tweeters be closer to these lineaum tweeters?

As reference to what I use these things for: Listening to Metal/Classical/Synthwave music, watching movies, and of course gaming. I already have a decent sub that can handle the lower tones.

I would just appreciate any feedback on the topic because these speakers are old and I am having a hard time getting a frame of reference to other speakers with them.

Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis