Crysis 2 Stumbles Into 2011

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Crytek’s Crysis 2 Stumbles Into 2011
08/04/2010 Written by Ray Conley

Crytek’s sci-fi shooter, Crysis 2 is posed to bring the FPS genre the breath of air that was needed to redefine the look and feel of shooter games. Lush graphics (in 3D), top-notch production values, genius AI – all were pegged to bring the FPS the hype that it needed to close out an awesome year of gaming in 2010. Well, … they “were.”

In a recent published report of EA’s finances, Crysis 2 is now being shown as falling under a January – March 2011 release date. What was originally set to be a 2010 “holiday release,” EA’s sequel to Crysis will be launched with other EA titles such as Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Darkspore, Fight Night Champion, and Need for Speed: Shift 2.

On the bright side, at least this delay will allow you to build up your funds again in your gouged out wallet from the holiday spending. You’re definitely going to need it if you’re still planning on picking up the collector’s bundle Crysis 2 Nano Edition.

Source: PSLS

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The new trailer for it (on PSN) looked better than the first one, and the first one was good.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah it looks good to bad it won't be coming out this year as planned, I have never been a fan of FPSs but this game may make me change my mind.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am a fan of a GOOD FPS, and I am sure this one will be one of them :) Sucks that it will be delayed, but I'd rather wait and have it be good than have them rush and have it suck.

Last edited:
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Agreed, nothing worse than having a rushed out sub-par game. So if this extra time allows them to fine tune somethings I'm willing to wait.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
The first Crysis was excellent, one of the best FPS campaigns I have played while also being the most technically advanced game available. I hope the second lives up to that. I too am looking forward to it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis