S

Scottster

Audiophyte
Hello
I just bought a new subwoofer rebuild original , I tried to hookup and the crossover in cabinet lights up , can’t be good right ?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ummm... need some info to help out. ;)
What crossover is glowing? Can you post a photo? Sub make and model?

Please, the more detailed you are, the better we can help.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well the crossover lights up even if woofer not connected . Speaker Bose 501/3 tuner pioneer sx636
That circuit has a coupe of old incandescent filament panel bulbs in circuit. That was put together by a lunatic for reasons I can't begin to fathom. That is a total waste of space and likely to destroy any electronics you connect it to. It is total garbage, do not use it.

This is what the circuit is supposed to look like.

I did find a reference that Bose may have added a tweeter protection lamp at some stage. However the circuit you have is crazy. Trying to protect a tweeter with a lamp would just be another in a long line of Bose's crazy ideas. They have probably produced more junk then anybody. If it says Bose on the label run the other way.

Last edited:
S

Scottster

Audiophyte
Thank you ,
So I will order a different circuit :/ crossover like one you posted .

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thank you ,
So I will order a different circuit :/ crossover like one you posted .
I highly doubt you can order one. You will have to build it. You had better check that all the speaker drive units work before you spend any money. There is a high probability they do not. Be careful what you spend, as those speaker were junk when new and they will still be junk when you have restored them.

S

Scottster

Audiophyte
Thank you , I’m done with them , I love the truth ! !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis