S

sgtbyls

Enthusiast
I got my new H/K AVR 235 and an infinity C250 center speaker. The crossover freq. in the manual for the speakers is 2.4kHz and th freq ranges are 55Hz - 20kHz.
the question is, where do i set the crossover freq on the reciever? It will let me choose about 5 different settings between 40 - 200 Hz.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
The 2.4kHz is the xover internal to the speaker where the mid/woofer crosses over to the tweeter.

For the purposes of setting xover frequency in the receiver, you want to look at the frequency response of the speaker, which you said was 55 Hz - 20 kHz. So the xover should be at least 60 Hz. You may find that the THX recommendation of 80hz may work well too.

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
Anonymous is correct. I'd recommend 80 as the cross over, however I think we really need to know what you are using for mains. That is going to have more of a bearing on your cross over than the center. For example, if you are using Beta 50's, they can get pretty low and maybe you would be better served with a 40 or 60 cross. Also, how is your sub hooked up? LFE or speaker level. It matters. Good Luck. :cool:

S

sgtbyls

Enthusiast
WooHoo said:
Anonymous is correct. I'd recommend 80 as the cross over, however I think we really need to know what you are using for mains. That is going to have more of a bearing on your cross over than the center. For example, if you are using Beta 50's, they can get pretty low and maybe you would be better served with a 40 or 60 cross. Also, how is your sub hooked up? LFE or speaker level. It matters. Good Luck. :cool:

Right on for the info. I had it set to 200 instead of 60, thinking it was the closest thing to what the speakers said but i was wrong. My mains are just some old sony ss-mb215 that i had. One day i will get some beta 50's but not until i save some more money. My sub is hooked up LFE i guess. i used the old coaxial cable that used to hook up the audio from the DVD. For the dvd connection, i use a fiber optic cable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis