• Other

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

lynn2c

Audioholic Intern
live365

I too listen to this often. Quality is subpar, but for background music it's great. Checkout "rock and roll stew" or bandit blues radio. They both have some really great blues on them, especially rock and roll stew. Oh, and the small fee is worth it over the free version.

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Nuttin' but blues!

I love most of the guys mentioned here...Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal, SRV, Gary Moore, Robert Cray, Muddy Waters, Albert King...

A band (which many wouldn't consider hard core blues) that I love crankin' in the car stereo is Blues Traveler. All their CD's are well recorded and that lead singer can really tear it up on the harmonica.

I used to like that blind guy...Jeff Healy...but he seem to disappeared after only a couple of CD's. I love the guitar playing of Robben Ford but he's a terrible blues singer unfortunetely. Hiram Bullock and Larry Carlton have got some mean blues licks as well.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Rob Babcock said:
Gary Moore definately kicks a$$! Especially his older stuff (my favorite is Run For Cover).
His new one,Power of the Blues might be his best.

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
everytime I see her.....

she got new fancy cloths......son seals

R

redbeard222

Audiophyte
Besides those already mentioned, I would have to add a little John Hammond, Elmore James, Paul Butterfield, Al Kooper, and some Johnny Winter. I could ratlle off all day. There's nothing like have some blues cranked so loud it makes your blood shiver.

Ax-man

Ax-man

Audioholic
shokhead said:
What the Best? Go to your favorite chair,nobodys home and you slip in what blues disc and crank it?
Stevie Ray Vaughn , first and foremost.

Along with a host of others to follow.

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
A CD to check out is "Riding With The King", which is a collaboration between Eric Clapton and BB King. A lot of this is about what you'd expect - decent duets with traded-off solos, about a 50/50 split on singing duties, etc. But the revelation for me was BB's acoustic guitar playing on the 3 or 4 acoustic numbers (one of which is an acoustic version of "Key to the Highway").

Plus the cover photos are classic - Clapton driving an old Caddy convertible with BB riding in the back.

On a side note - can anyone recommend a particular CD by Keb Mo, that would provide the best introduction to him? (In other words, if you could only own one Keb Mo CD, which one would it be?)

Ax-man

Ax-man

Audioholic
rschleicher said:
On a side note - can anyone recommend a particular CD by Keb Mo, that would provide the best introduction to him? (In other words, if you could only own one Keb Mo CD, which one would it be?)
For me, this Keb' Mo' cd would probably fit that catagory. It's my first Keb' Mo' cd and although I like all of his music this particular cd seems like the 'old reliable' that keeps finding it's way into the player most often.

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
Thanks for the Keb Mo recommendation, Ax-man.

I have a couple of the compilations that came out of Scorsese's series on PBS, and they've been pretty good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis