Correct Pioneer 9100 Details - Disappointing

ViperBoy

ViperBoy

Audiophyte
I ended up buying a Pioneer 9100 over a 1015 because I wanted the better claimed fidelity from higher quality parts and "advanced MCACC". However, ALL the sites listing details for the 9100 are incorrect from Best Buy to Vanns to sellers on eBay. The 9100 is more of a 52tx(1014 internals/DSPs) with dual room capability, newer 1 line LCD remote and nice black/gold visuals. It is NOT a dumbed down 54tx with either 40 pound weight (actual weight just over 33 pounds) or advanced MCACC.

I don't need the dual room feature and would have preferred THX Select 2 and three component inputs on a 1015 for slightly less $$ - looks like it will go up for sale sooner than I thought even though I got a very low $429 shipped price

Hope this helps anyone else who can't seem to get straight details on the 9100

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
ViperBoy said:
I ended up buying a Pioneer 9100 over a 1015 because I wanted the better claimed fidelity from higher quality parts and "advanced MCACC". However, ALL the sites listing details for the 9100 are incorrect from Best Buy to Vanns to sellers on eBay. The 9100 is more of a 52tx(1014 internals/DSPs) with dual room capability, newer 1 line LCD remote and nice black/gold visuals. It is NOT a dumbed down 54tx with either 40 pound weight (actual weight just over 33 pounds) or advanced MCACC.

I don't need the dual room feature and would have preferred THX Select 2 and three component inputs on a 1015 for slightly less $$ - looks like it will go up for sale sooner than I thought even though I got a very low $429 shipped price

Hope this helps anyone else who can't seem to get straight details on the 9100
That is absolutely shameful. Nice job, Pioneer. You've succeeded in pulling the wool over unsuspecting eyes. I've been pushing your 1015 receiver, but may delay that recommendation due to this blasphemy of your "all of a sudden" 9000 series that appeared out of no where.

R

rumble

Audioholic
Ouch. Looks like Pioneer slapped together the 9100 from left over 1014 parts, added the dual room back in and threw in a spiffy looking remote and then priced it over the 1015.

No wonder you can't find the real specs for the system published anywhere.

Thanks for the feedback.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Wow! That's really surprising and makes me believe that the same criteria is applied for the 9300!! Whatch out folks...

Avliner.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis