A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
@Am_P

In the recent past we've endured provocative anti-vaxx posts from people who intended to disrupt this thread. Your recent posts are no less provocative.

There is a separate 'Lawyers, Guns, and Money, and the Herman Cain Award' thread for just these kind of posts. Move them to that thread.
Do you know many simpleminded people get influenced by these antivaxers and lose their lives? Antivax influencers/misinformation spreaders/gurus lead people to their deaths and don't deserve any respect. If covid took them sooner, more lives would be saved. It is provocative? What world do you live in?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Thats funny I am too. Bought a tracking tool and recalibrated my cartridge tracking force. Bought some Elac Sensible Sound speaker cables at $99 per 2 pairs to replace my Cables 2 Go 10-year-old cables. (I know I know that cables don't have any effect on sound but these 14AWG cables are very nice and flexible). Finally moved my speakers out a little and toed them in just a tad and everything just sounds a little better now.
It's too bad you didn't stop to listen after making only one change, to see what made the main difference.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Do you know many simpleminded people get influenced by these antivaxers and lose their lives? Antivax influencers/misinformation spreaders/gurus lead people to their deaths and don't deserve any respect. If covid took them sooner, more lives would be saved. It is provocative? What world do you live in?
You didn't get the message with @Swerd? Swerd suggested that you stop disrupting this thread. We don't need that anti-vaxx crap on this thread.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Nobody is arguing that. They are just asking that you use this thread for information purposes only and put videos about the death of anti-vaxxers in the thread dedicated to that.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
DeSantis- any specifics on what he's doing wrong? Leaving the economy 100% open, no staggered approach, no masks, no vax push, what? Also FL is a vacation hot spot so how do you accurately measure the numbers with influx of travelers and out?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to nyt.com, 86% in the U.S. 18 and older have gotten at least one dose. In other words, only 14% have not gotten a single dose, which implies that the hard core antivaxxers are a relatively small minority. I'm not saying it's not an issue, but it's a fringe group.

1641562092408.png

This appears to be generally consistent with this chart, which shows 14% "definitely not" of those who were asked about vaccines in a November 2021 survey:

1641562539351.png

From the website: "This statistic shows the percentage of adults in the United States who would get vaccinated against COVID-19 if a vaccine approved by the FDA was available for free."

The "definitely not" has held fairly steady within a range of 12%-16% going back to December 2020. This suggests that these people have not been influenced by facts and evidence that has developed over the past year, but rather have strongly held antivax beliefs of some sort.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's the latest risk levels map. Every county that has a 7 day moving average of above 25 cases per day per 100k population is red. There are only 9 states with less than 100 cases per day per 100k. Unless they add additional colors for higher rates the map doesn't really convey much useful information.

Like the sergeant on Hill Street Blues said: "Let's be careful out there!"

1641586122519.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A quick googling gives the following. Why don’t you read it and come back with you think?

I think that you should do more fact checks before posting links.

highfigh

highfigh

I was going to get the booster but the wait was so long I couldn't get it when I wanted (pre-12/24). They were still saying Pfizer was highly effective at 6 months and that date was inside of the window for my booster. I started having symptoms on 12/25 and they worsened over the next few days. They then said the Pfizer effectiveness was around 15% @ 6 months, so the booster should be received at 5 months. Then, they said quarantine should only last 5 days and don't require re-testing. Great. I watched this crap change as I became worse- how many millions of others became infected because they had read or heard the same info?

Two solid weeks of this shyte and the results of yesterday's test came back inconclusive.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
DeSantis- any specifics on what he's doing wrong? Leaving the economy 100% open, no staggered approach, no masks, no vax push, what? Also FL is a vacation hot spot so how do you accurately measure the numbers with influx of travelers and out?
How about letting close to 1 million tests expire in a FLA warehouse while people have been having a hard time getting tests? It does go well with the Surgeon Generals plan to limit testing though.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It's too bad you didn't stop to listen after making only one change, to see what made the main difference.
I sort of did. I tested the system to make sure I had sound out of the speakers just after changing the cables. No difference. When I repositioned the speakers, I did hear a difference (better). Haven't played an LP since I changed the tracking force on my TT yet.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I sort of did. I tested the system to make sure I had sound out of the speakers just after changing the cables. No difference. When I repositioned the speakers, I did hear a difference (better). Haven't played an LP since I changed the tracking force on my TT yet.
These two posts are in the wrong thread. Explain? :confused:

highfigh

highfigh

The speaker's interaction with the room may not be desired or intended by design, but it usually happens because we can't always have absolute control over everything. I spent some time repositioning my speakers and it made a big difference- I haven't felt the need to change anything in years. I had also found a microscope for checking my cartridges around the same time and because I hadn't been using my turntable at the time, I decided to install my second cartridge on the spare headshell I had found on ebay. I did all of the tweaking for each and used three different test LPs, but only one protractor, for consistency. The Telarc 1812 Overture may not be the best version, but it definitely gives turntable/cartridge combos fits and when I could track the cannon with both and not hear distortion when listening at close range, I knew it should be good.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Good advice. It just sucks that sooooooo many people around me just won't stop with it all. Every conversation leads to something political. I can't take it anymore. Music sounds much better.

That's why all my systems are getting recalibrated. Haven't done it since I made some changes so I'm having fun tweaking and messing with stuff again. Feels good.
@Verdinut
Responding to a thread by panteragstk. And one by highfigh. Read back a couple of pages and you will see them. :)

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
@Verdinut
Responding to a thread by panteragstk. And one by highfigh. Read back a couple of pages and you will see them. :)
I hereby propose a "rule" that it is perfectly okay to get sidetracked from time to time with discussions of audio topics in this thread!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
From the Fl front this week. There were 397,114 cases during the week which continued a dramatic increase that began in mid-December. In all, Florida has totaled 823,153 new cases during the past three weeks. ITs not known how many are actual residents VS out of state visitors. And it is amazing all the out of state people, NY, NY, PA, Ohio, GA, NC, VA, Maine, Tn we have seen down just in my little area all during the Christmas holidays, Before long its not if, its when will everyone vaccinated or not get one of the variants of covid. Any way the beachs are crowed, $$ are coming in, building/construction is out of control and someone is working somewhere. And the Gov DeathSantis just wants more Covid monoclonal antibody treatment sites.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
From the Fl front this week. There were 397,114 cases during the week which continued a dramatic increase that began in mid-December. In all, Florida has totaled 823,153 new cases during the past three weeks. ITs not known how many are actual residents VS out of state visitors. And it is amazing all the out of state people, NY, NY, PA, Ohio, GA, NC, VA, Maine, Tn we have seen down just in my little area all during the Christmas holidays, Before long its not if, its when will everyone vaccinated or not get one of the variants of covid. Any way the beachs are crowed, $$ are coming in, building/construction is out of control and someone is working somewhere. And the Gov DeathSantis just wants more Covid monoclonal antibody treatment sites.
I'll say it again and Chris's example here (IMO) points it out, when the dust settles on this whole mess there will be millions who had the damn thing and never new it !

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis