Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You're right- it's not all outlets. I should have written 'some', but I didn't write 'all'; you just chose to infer that.
This is my point: This is what you do when you write your repeated "admonishments" of posters using "absolutes".

Is this clear enough for you? If not, please indicate which part you did not understand.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You're right- it's not all outlets. I should have written 'some', but I didn't write 'all'; you just chose to infer that.

Rather than poke people with verbal sticks, why not post some information and sources that might reinforce your comments?
Hey bro just don't take the bait

It's obvious this guy has some kind of hard on for you and is trying to get a rise out of you whenever you post

I've seen it in multiple threads where literally he goes after u with every single thing you post

Swerd and TLS Guy and some others are really dishing out some awesome info right now and some much needed hope no need to get caught up in his baiting and antagonizing and derail the thread trust me I made that mistake once or twice in my past it's just not worth it

Just ignore him be the better man he's not worth your time bro

I've listened to enough of his posts to know he is so not worth your time or your energy don't even give him the light of day just be you and walk on by like he's not even there the dude don't exist

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As for TLS Guy and Swerd and some others thank you so much for the hope man we need all of it we can get right now

As far as that vaccine if it's really developed that fast being on the front lines my work will require it

So I can be our test subject here I'll let you know if I grow 2 heads or not

Here in San Antonio our hospitals are still stressed but finally having masks and other things made mandatory is really having an effect

Everywhere I go it's all masks everywhere bars are closed businesses have been pulled back
We will need a few more weeks to see if we pull out of it

On a positive note our patients at my psych hospital have had literally no incidents but our management has done a first class job responding to this they handled this really well

Anyone out there caught up in this right now especially in the US my heart goes out to you praying for you and your loved ones

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
A couple of my best friends (a married couple, that is) have elderly parents in Texas and Arizona and are quite concerned about them. But, going to visit them just isn't in the cards.
Man I'm sorry didnt see your post

Yeah it's so frustrating I can only imagine how they feel

My best friend had a severe stroke a couple years back I visit him all the time

He is more then a friend he's my brother he got the coronavirus when it first spiked here in San Antonio understandably all nursing homes have been locked down since

He pulled through but not being able to see him has been really difficult it's just phone calls so I can't even imagine what your friends are going through I'm sorry to hear that

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
COVID-19 plasma trial at UW-Madison shows treatment helped 94% of severely ill patients avoid ICU or ventilation- hopefully, it will be useful in this fight.

I'm not a subscriber and can't read the article, but would imagine someone will make it available after the POS JS Online publisher releases their grip on it.

R

rnaeye

Junior Audioholic
COVID-19 is name of the disease.
COVID-19 is caused by a virus called SARS-CoV-2.
COVID-19 is not the name of the virus.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Hey bro just don't take the bait

It's obvious this guy has some kind of hard on for you and is trying to get a rise out of you whenever you post

I've seen it in multiple threads where literally he goes after u with every single thing you post
Some people find it disturbing if someone talks back, as if they did not know their place or something.

@highfigh has several times posted that he does not want foreign members post something that contradicts him, and several other members seems to have the same sentiment. I find that attitude obnoxious.

He regularly complains members for talking in "absolutes", tough from the context that complaint seems more than a little deliberate ill-willed interpretation. He himself often talks the same way and when I point that out in the same way he does, he is offended.

Making straw men and hacking them vigorously is another frequent pastime of his when replying to posts, something that others complain about as well in their replies. If someone else dares the same, he is again offended.

What really offends me is his repeated posts about what foreign members of Audioholics should be allowed to post for no other reason that they are non-US citizens. I certainly will not stop doing that.

Swerd and TLS Guy and some others are really dishing out some awesome info right now and some much needed hope no need to get caught up in his baiting and antagonizing and derail the thread trust me I made that mistake once or twice in my past it's just not worth it

Just ignore him be the better man he's not worth your time bro

I've listened to enough of his posts to know he is so not worth your time or your energy don't even give him the light of day just be you and walk on by like he's not even there the dude don't exist
Funny, that's what I think about most of your posts and I generally lightly skim them. They are long (for the content) and rambling, more like a private daily journal entry. But this is the SteamVent, after all.

Have a nice day!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Some people find it disturbing if someone talks back, as if they did not know their place or something.

@highfigh has several times posted that he does not want foreign members post something that contradicts him, and several other members seems to have the same sentiment. I find that attitude obnoxious.

He regularly complains members for talking in "absolutes", tough from the context that complaint seems more than a little deliberate ill-willed interpretation. He himself often talks the same way and when I point that out in the same way he does, he is offended.

Making straw men and hacking them vigorously is another frequent pastime of his when replying to posts, something that others complain about as well in their replies. If someone else dares the same, he is again offended.

What really offends me is his repeated posts about what foreign members of Audioholics should be allowed to post for no other reason that they are non-US citizens. I certainly will not stop doing that.

Funny, that's what I think about most of your posts and I generally lightly skim them. They are long (for the content) and rambling, more like a private daily journal entry. But this is the SteamVent, after all.

Have a nice day!
You know what I really respect you taking the time to explain your side of how you feel which you didn't have to do. Especially since we don't always agree on things so you really didn't have to reply I wouldn't have blamed you in the least for that

I hate typing so I can end up rambling very fair point and I have been antagonistic lately ironically because like you I feel a need to make a stand like you do on your situation

And there are some things being expressed lately which I feel are just irresponsible, and downright dangerous and I feel I need to take a response and a stand antagonistic or not

but regardless your correct in calling me out on it 2 wrongs never make a right no matter how right someone feels

I can't do anything but meet respect with respect and I respect your honesty and your reply

I'm not trying to take sides both of you can handle yourselves hopefully you guys work it out down the road

Honestly Id really like to see you reply like this more often although I'm not trying to tell you what to do at all

You are obviously articulate intelligent and have great points to make Id like to learn from you just as much as anyone else here if possible not just argue

Steam Vent or not

You have a good day as well

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just got the call. Positive, as expected.

Not much I can do, really, other than stay away from folks and self monitor. Wifey has to go through some nutty multi-step process before she can get tested, otherwise her work won't reimburse her. The irony is that I purposely drove myself to her hospital Friday night and got tested on the spot. :rolleyes: I figured if things got bad she'd have access to me. Crazy that she has to jump through hoops to get tested, and she works there.

Anyway today's symptoms are... cough is a little worse, no chest pains today, temperature hasn't shot up again since that one time Friday. No sense of smell since Saturday. Lost my taste Saturday too, but it came back yesterday. So some good, some bad.

I'll post again if anything develops. Here's to hoping I don't become a statistic. :p

highfigh

highfigh

Have a nice day!
I have absolutely no problem with people who aren't in/citizens of the US but I have a problem with people telling us about the US when they don't know the facts and details. I would be a total hypocrite if I did have a problem with people from other countries since my ancestors weren't native to this continent. I commented that I would never tell you about your country because I don't know enough about it and your reply was worded in a way that makes it seem that you never even read it.

Let's stop this.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

COVID-19 is name of the disease.
COVID-19 is caused by a virus called SARS-CoV-2.
COVID-19 is not the name of the virus.
Thanks, but I copied and pasted the part before "...hopefully,.....". I guess I should have added quotes and a link.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

Not much I can do, really, other than stay away from folks and self monitor. Wifey has to go through some nutty multi-step process before she can get tested, otherwise her work won't reimburse her. The irony is that I purposely drove myself to her hospital Friday night and got tested on the spot. :rolleyes: I figured if things got bad she'd have access to me. Crazy that she has to jump through hoops to get tested, and she works there.
Different health insurance? Same? You had a fever and she didn't?
Anyway today's symptoms are... cough is a little worse, no chest pains today, temperature hasn't shot up again since that one time Friday. No sense of smell since Saturday. Lost my taste Saturday too, but it came back yesterday. So some good, some bad.
Symptoms seem OK for now. But keep your eye on fever and your breathing. If you have any difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, go to the hospital right away. Make plans for that now, so you don't have to think if it happens.

Sense of smell and taste are very closely linked. If you loose sense of smell, food will seem tasteless.
We can taste 5 different things with our tongues, sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and savoriness (also known as "umami"). All the rest of what we perceive as flavor is detected by our sense of smell. If you have a viral infection that causes the nasal air passages to swell up, it can block the air connection between our mouth and nose. From what I've heard, sense of smell will come back sometime after you recover.

Are you high risk or low risk, young or old? Whatever age, please take care.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

I'll post again if anything develops. Here's to hoping I don't become a statistic. :p
I hope it doesn't get any worse for you. Take care.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
A couple of my best friends (a married couple, that is) have elderly parents in Texas and Arizona and are quite concerned about them. But, going to visit them just isn't in the cards.
Man I'm sorry didnt see your post

Yeah it's so frustrating I can only imagine how they feel

My best friend had a severe stroke a couple years back I visit him all the time

He is more then a friend he's my brother he got the coronavirus when it first spiked here in San Antonio understandably all nursing homes have been locked down since

He pulled through but not being able to see him has been really difficult it's just phone calls so I can't even imagine what your friends are going through I'm sorry to hear that
The husband has a sister and brother-in-law in NYC. They've both had the infection and are now "recovered". They still get recurring headaches and other symptoms after a couple of months.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Different health insurance? Same? You had a fever and she didn't?
Symptoms seem OK for now. But keep your eye on fever and your breathing. If you have any difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, go to the hospital right away. Make plans for that now, so you don't have to think if it happens.

Sense of smell and taste are very closely linked. If you loose sense of smell, food will seem tasteless.
We can taste 5 different things with our tongues, sweet, sour, bitter, salty, and savoriness (also known as "umami"). All the rest of what we perceive as flavor is detected by our sense of smell. If you have a viral infection that causes the nasal air passages to swell up, it can block the air connection between our mouth and nose. From what I've heard, sense of smell will come back sometime after you recover.

Are you high risk or low risk, young or old? Whatever age, please take care.
The smell/taste thing is super weird. I absolutely cannot smell anything but my taste seems at least 90% whereas it was 0 on Saturday. I know they're supposed to come and go in tandem but they just aren't.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The smell/taste thing is super weird. I absolutely cannot smell anything but my taste seems at least 90% whereas it was 0 on Saturday. I know they're supposed to come and go in tandem but they just aren't.
I had a friend get it she had the same issue it did come back just took a little while

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Your post is off the mark by a long way.

First of all, that report was about influenza, and never mentioned SARS-CoV-2 or any other corona virus.

"Although mechanistic studies [*] support the potential effect of hand hygiene or face masks, evidence from 14 randomized controlled trials of these measures did not support a substantial effect on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza."​

There are major differences between those viruses and the diseases they cause. Influenza has been around humans for many thousands of years. The various influenza virus strains, as well as the human hosts, have evolved resulting in less lethality to humans and more widespread presence of the viruses. SARS-CoV-2 is brand new. Any less lethal forms have yet to appear. It is wrong to equate these two viral diseases. Attempts by "Agent Orange" to do so only display his ignorance and foolishness.

With regard to wearing masks, there are some critical differences. With influenza we have the benefit of vaccines which can work, with limitations. For SARS-CoV-2, no vaccines are presently available. There are also four somewhat effective medications that can minimize flu symptoms or shorten the course of the disease. No such drugs are yet known for Covid-19. Compared to the available vaccines or medications, masks offer limited benefit for influenza. Because masks, isolation, or quarantine are the only available methods to limit the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the use of masks becomes considerably more important for that virus than it is for influenza.

If you don't believe me, I'll be glad to discuss this further, privately or publicly. I'll probably be much less polite about it.

If you intended to add fuel to the fire over the silly political debate over wearing masks, congratulations. You've joined Agent Orange's Ignorant Fool List.

But my real reaction is Shame on You! You'd rather score points in a silly online debate, instead of opposing the unnecessary loss of human lives.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here is my rant to all the dumb-asses that refuse to wear mask or social distance in the name of freedom.

My wife has stage 4 cancer in the neck and the chief oncologist for the city of Ottawa is really struggling to get a medical team together for the required operation and subsequent treatment that may save her life. I say struggling because the dumbf?ck freedomists are chewing up much of the medical resources in the hospital that could be used to treat people with other life threatening conditions. These dumbf?ck freedomists are selfish narrow minded people that dont care for the welfare of others and put their own selfish agenda before the common good of the community.

My message to you freedomists is this..go to secluded place with your gun, stick the barrel in your mouth and please for humanity sake pull the trigger before you kill anymore people or chew up much needed medical resources that could save people that really matter.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Here is my rant to all the dumb-asses that refuse to wear mask or social distance in the name of freedom.

My wife has stage 4 cancer in the neck and the chief oncologist for the city of Ottawa is really struggling to get a medical team together for the required operation and subsequent treatment that may save her life. I say struggling because the dumbf?ck freedomists are chewing up much of the medical resources in the hospital that could be used to treat people with other life threatening conditions. These dumbf?ck freedomists are selfish narrow minded people that dont care for the welfare of others and put their own selfish agenda before the common good of the community.

My message to you freedomists is this..go to secluded place with your gun, stick the barrel in your mouth and please for humanity sake pull the trigger before you kill anymore people.
Yep, too bad it takes them too long to die from this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis