Corner shelf wall mounts for speakers

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
I asked a maintenance guy who fixes things around my house and he also knows a lot about receivers/speakers/etc. So, I asked him what mounts would I need to wall mount my speakers and he took a look at them and he told me I would need corner shelves that come out at least a foot away from the wall and he told me I could buy them from Home Depot. And he also said these corner shelves has brackets and he explained the direction the brackets are in but I do not know what he was saying. I also asked him if these comes in pairs. He said they ususally don't.

So, exactly what corner shelves is he talking about?

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
I do not know the weight, but they are Rogers ls3/5a.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Corner is usually one of the worst spots for a speaker. Too close to TWO boundaries, so go with the extended mounts that keeps them off the wall a bit.

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
Could you please post a link to these extended mounts? I honestly do not know what I am looking for.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Unless someone on here is clairvoyant, we really can't get into your contractor's head and figure out what he was picturing and why. So, why not ask him?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I asked a maintenance guy who fixes things around my house and he also knows a lot about receivers/speakers/etc. So, I asked him what mounts would I need to wall mount my speakers and he took a look at them and he told me I would need corner shelves that come out at least a foot away from the wall and he told me I could buy them from Home Depot. And he also said these corner shelves has brackets and he explained the direction the brackets are in but I do not know what he was saying. I also asked him if these comes in pairs. He said they ususally don't.

So, exactly what corner shelves is he talking about?
to be honest, your "maintenance guy" is the only one who knows what he was talking about. He knows your speakers, your room, and it's construction. He would be the one to ask, not us, particularly since you seem to be in a rush for an answer. Everyone here is just guessing.

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
Also, if I want the best sound than would it be highly recommended to buy a meter so it could level out the best sound and the distances?

If yes, which meter is it to buy from Amazon?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Like said earlier we can't help you unless you post some pictures of your apt/home.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The size and weight of your speakers would help as well. You've certainly got a tape measure and a scale, or the spec sheet that came with them.

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
The size and weight of your speakers would help as well. You've certainly got a tape measure and a scale, or the spec sheet that came with them.

No, I apologize but I do not. And someone gave me these speakers.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
you're really not willing to do anything on your own to help the people who are trying to help you, are you?

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
He asked me to post some pics where the speakers and everything will go, right? So that is what I did. So, how is that I am not helping? I posted the pics.

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
You really think you're hurting us by doing that? You already got a great suggestion as to what you could use earlier in this thread from Afterlife2, but it's got it's limits. It would behoove you to see if your speakers meet it's qualifications.

But will my speakers work with that mount from Amazon? Or no?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
But will my speakers work with that mount from Amazon? Or no?
Why are you asking us that? If you would measure them and weigh them you would know if those mounts would work.

Or, you could take the initiative and search the internet for their specs. You know the brand and model number. You've got google, right?

On second thought, you would probably be better off paying the maintenance man to do his thing.

J

jroberts

Audioholic Intern
Dimensions 12" H by 7.5" W by 6.25" D

Weight 11.7 lbs each

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis