Cops are out in force!!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hey folks,

I just wanted to give you a little head’s up. I have been pulled over by cops 3 times in the last 2 months!!! Prior to this, I think I've probably been pulled over 3 times in my whole life. I was pulled over by Los Gatos PD for speeding, Campbell PD for tinted windows and last night by the CHP for tinted windows. I can understand being pulled over for speeding, but being pulled over twice within the last month for having tinted windows leads me to believe that California's budget woes have law enforcement out on the streets trying to drum up some revenue.

Maybe the Mustang is a bit of a cop magnet, but I'm sure that isn't the only reason. This is my 4th Mustang, and I never used to get pulled over this much. I don't know if this is prevalent in other states, but I would assume that it would be. With this down economy, people aren't spending as much, so the city's and states aren't getting their tax revenue. So how can they make more money? Have their LEO's write more tickets.

Yesterday morning, I saw 2 CHP's on bikes on the freeway on my way to work. When I was pulled over by the CHP, there was another one on the other side of the freeway giving someone else a ticket. This morning, I got tailed by a CHP for about a mile before I turned to go to my job. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I rather doubt it.

Keep your heads on a swivel folks.

By the way, the CHP that pulled me over the other day was pretty cool. I explained to him that I had just gotten a ticket for my tint about 2 weeks earlier and he let me go. I didn't have my license with me because I don't carry my wallet when I go to Kenjutsu class, (no pockets in my Gi). So technically, I guess he could have written me up for 2 things if he had wanted to. So I guess there are some cool cops out there. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...Campbell PD for tinted windows and last night by the CHP for tinted windows. ..
How much tinting do you have? Drivers side window? Passengers?
I hate it when I cannot see the driver at a stop sign to see if he is aware or anything:eek:

No lockers at your place where you do your thing?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i'm curious how dark your tints are ... i've heard that the front row in the US shouldn't have tints, hence cars made for the US that are also distributed here in the Philippines have blackened windows from the 2nd row to the back.

i have super black tint round the sides and rear and full magic neutral windshield mostly because of the heat AND safety. there have been some bad elements targetting single passenger cars.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
So I guess there are some cool cops out there. ;)
Turning over a new leaf, I see.. :p

Just kidding... that is a bit ridiculous and I would imagine your right about it not being a coincidence... thats not really fair. I think they would be better off just raising the dollar amount of the fines that they legitimately hand out. I dont see a problem with them trying to fix some revenue problems provided that continue to make cuts as well.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey folks,

I just wanted to give you a little head’s up. I have been pulled over by cops 3 times in the last 2 months!!! Prior to this, I think I've probably been pulled over 3 times in my whole life. I was pulled over by Los Gatos PD for speeding, Campbell PD for tinted windows and last night by the CHP for tinted windows. I can understand being pulled over for speeding, but being pulled over twice within the last month for having tinted windows leads me to believe that California's budget woes have law enforcement out on the streets trying to drum up some revenue.

Maybe the Mustang is a bit of a cop magnet, but I'm sure that isn't the only reason. This is my 4th Mustang, and I never used to get pulled over this much. I don't know if this is prevalent in other states, but I would assume that it would be. With this down economy, people aren't spending as much, so the city's and states aren't getting their tax revenue. So how can they make more money? Have their LEO's write more tickets.

Yesterday morning, I saw 2 CHP's on bikes on the freeway on my way to work. When I was pulled over by the CHP, there was another one on the other side of the freeway giving someone else a ticket. This morning, I got tailed by a CHP for about a mile before I turned to go to my job. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I rather doubt it.

Keep your heads on a swivel folks.

By the way, the CHP that pulled me over the other day was pretty cool. I explained to him that I had just gotten a ticket for my tint about 2 weeks earlier and he let me go. I didn't have my license with me because I don't carry my wallet when I go to Kenjutsu class, (no pockets in my Gi). So technically, I guess he could have written me up for 2 things if he had wanted to. So I guess there are some cool cops out there. ;)
Maybe the fact that so many gang-bangers and drug dealers have darkly tinted windows has something to do with it. I understand the need to tint windows in hot areas but it's almost like being too similar to the ones that cause the most trouble. They may be looking for someone else who drives the same kind of car, too.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
That or everything you were pulled over for is against the law. Just because they don't always call it, doesn't mean it's legal. BTW, tint is for losers.

SheepStar

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Traffic control on my commute to work around Tucson has increased significantly over the past month, as well. Cruisers, bike cops, and now the mobile photo radar.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
In my area, most cops(including state troopers and city cops) are nothing more than fee collectors. It very rare they address real crime around here. I consider many of their aggressive actions in citing tickets to be no more than legalized theft to enrich the local police budgets. On a federal level, I have read about many alarming cases where cops now take into any large amounts of money if you have it on hand with no justifiable reason other than 'it's suspicious to have that much money'. I was not aware that cash was illegal..... There are several recent cases that are absurd. The police take precautions in many cases to make it extraordinary difficult for the person to reclaim their money, and if they succeed, they usually only get part of the money back. This is outright theft. No ands, ifs or buts about it.....

BTW, you have the right to refuse search of your car if asked, but I have read of many cases that the police make it VERY hard on you if you refuse. For example, they can get a drug dog in and have it sniff around your car and it signals for any reason(including the handler making the dog false signal - very easy to do), they can tear your car apart(physically). If they find nothing and have damaged your car (it is not beyond them to cut open seat covers, etc.), they will not accept liability for the damage. God forbid your home or real property is subject to a drug search. They don't even have to find you guilty in a court of law to take your property from you thanks to irresponsible laws passed in the 80's to make it easy to cease drug lord property. Laws now apparently widely used to simply increase the law enforcement bank accounts by stealing money from common citizens often not even found guilty in court. However, these laws do not require ANY guilty result in court to keep your property; only mere suspicion, as top level judges have stated that the rights of the constitution apply to life and liberty, not property and money; thus the standards are different and it's easy for them keep your property without a guilty verdict in court(WTF?). These laws are part of the basis of ceasing 'suspicious' amounts of cash for no reason as discussed above. You can often get your property back after very lengthy time periods and fighting, but it often requires hefty fees to be paid to the court, often making it non-feasible to reclaim the property due to this catch 22. This type of crap is incredible...considering that these kinds of things (unwarranted searches, ceasing of citizen property at whim with no justification, etc.) are what caused the revolution against the Brits in the first place(!).

-Chris

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
That or everything you were pulled over for is against the law. Just because they don't always call it, doesn't mean it's legal. BTW, tint is for losers.

SheepStar
Well, that's kinda rough, but it's so you, so whatever! I've never got tint before, but it's sometimes nice when a car has it if you live in a hot area. I checked out this 3M stuff that's really cool. Problem is the price. They have this test where you stick black limo film, or this lighter 3M stuff, and the latter completely blocks the heat from the IR lamp to your hand. The black stuff still passes plenty.

Traffic control on my commute to work around Tucson has increased significantly over the past month, as well. Cruisers, bike cops, and now the mobile photo radar.
The worst thing I know of is when auto photo operated systems were installed at intersections.... but they reduced the timing of the yellow without telling anyone. $360 a pop, not including traffic skool.

One guy I know tells me at a certain job where he worked, they just had received a new fleet of trucks, but they had not yet the license plates for them. So he purposely ran thru such intersections, and gave the camera the finger. :p

majorloser

majorloser

Here in Florida, between the bad economy and the recent huge property tax cuts, the police departments have been out in force.

Heck, they've been hanging out in my neighborhood lately. It's only 15 mph in our community. Easy pickin's since most cars idle faster than 15 mph.

Matt34

Matt34

SheepStar
Come to Arizona and drive around for any amount of time in the summer without tint.

Matt34

Matt34

Here in Florida, between the bad economy and the recent huge property tax cuts, the police departments have been out in force.

Heck, they've been hanging out in my neighborhood lately. It's only 15 mph in our community. Easy pickin's since most cars idle faster than 15 mph.
There has been one of those mobile radar SUV(ford escape) sitting at the same spot near my house for the last two weeks. I so want to take some deer bait to it.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis