Copland CSA29 Hybrid Integrated Amp

E

EdR

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>As I've posted, I've been looking for an amp to drive my new (to me) Thiel CS2.2 speakers. &nbsp;Though looking, my short list has become: Krell KAV 400xi, Musical Fidility 308, and the Arcam FMJ 32. &nbsp;However, an interesting possiblity has opened up.

I read a review of the Copland CSA29 hybrid amp. &nbsp;It uses tubes in the preamp, with a solid state power amp. &nbsp;The review, in the Feb Hi-Fi News (a British Publication) raved about it, and indicated that Copland did an unusually good job of maximizing the benefits of both, and minimizing the downsides. &nbsp;I've contacted the North American distributor, and the individual I emailed with indicated that it is high current, and in fact, he drives his electrostatics with one, so it would have no problem with the Thiels. &nbsp;The cost would be about the same as the above choices, which are all in the $2,500 range.

The only problem is that while I can listen to the others, this would be a bit of a pig in a poke, though, considering its reputation and the semi-exotic nature, I would assume that I could get most of my money back out of it should I really hate it.

Any comments?</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis