Control 4 DTVs with 4 Remotes Same Room

R

randyr505

Audiophyte
I have 4 directv SD receivers that only have IR capability. I currently have 4 TV's mounted on brackets from the ceiling above my treadmills in my gym. I am adding LCD TV's to the treads and need a way to control the Directv receivers without mounting the receivers on to the treadmill. I know I can buy $99 HD receivers and a $10 (ebay) RF remote but that is $440. I envision something like an ir extension cable on the LCD running down and assumably into some repeater then stuck on to the front of the IR on the receiver. I also considered buying some old Directv receivers with the 3.5mm RF remote input on them but don't want a receiver that may die soon. It is my understanding that there aren't any new receivers out there that have RF except some DVR's and HD receivers. Will the RF remotes interfere with each other since I have 4?

Thanks,

Randy

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
You need an RF base station with asignable ir outputs from a a company like URC and one of their RF remotes and you will be fine.

Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Senior Audioholic
Does Direct not have addressable receivers/remotes like Dish? Just asking because I have Dish and at one time had 3 receivers, each with their own remote address and controlled by one Harmony universal remote.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis