Consumers Spending MORE on Surround Sound

JupiterResearch, a division of Jupitermedia Corporation, today released the results of the first survey from its new Home Theater research service. The report, titled "Home Theater: Selling Surround Sound in an Age of Commoditization," addresses the paradox of a growing market with shrinking margins. The report found that 24% of U.S. online households now have digital surround sound systems and 47% of consumers planning to buy surround sound systems are planning to spend $1,000 - $5,000 on home theater products over the next 12 months.

Read the Report...

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
Well, i remember the first time i heard a movie in Dolby Digital outside a Cinema i was shocked. The same thing happened to my friends, parents and my friend's parents. We were used to watch blockbuster movies in a crappy VHS picture and sound connected to the home stereo in the best case. And then just happened, really fast, almost from one day to another: the gods gave us the DVD and then the home theater. This thing spreaded like an epidemic desease and now, almost everyone i know, has a home theater system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis