S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
i just got done watching Constantine.. it was a really good movie.. awsome visual effects... sound was great, kind of soft but good.. it has some REALLY low bass on some of the effects.. cant wait to watch it again after i get my SV sub....

i just read the post on sin city.. so i think thats going to be tomorrow night... :)

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
This was a good movie and I am considering buying the DVD, since I saw it OnDemand is was 2ch and not 480p widescreen so I want to see and hear the better transfer.

I love Gabriel's costume in the end with the work overalls with laced up calves in the back and the hospital tags as feathers on here wrists.

~Bob

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
I saw the movie in theaters. The visual effects are pretty good. But the story, started off pretty well, but then it just dragged. The story just didn't do it for me. I was kind of expecting a bit more insight into heaven and hell, the struggle between god and satan.

I guess the movie does answer these questions, to an extent. But I was really hoping for some deep stuff.

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
If you seek some deep stuff take ride with some Anime

Ghost In The Shell
Akira
Berserk (seires)
Evangelion (series)

These are all very good movies/series that raise the bar IMO of story telling. Now you can't just watch 15mins then decide.. that wouldn't be fair.

~Bob

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Serial Experiments: Lain.
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Appleseed

I thought Constantine was decent. It was better than I expected, and very entertaining. I'll probably wait and see if they come out with a special edition, because I'm in no hurry to see it again soon.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
My GF and I both *love* Constantine. It was great in the theater, and it was great at home on DVD. Re: the "more about struggle between God and Satan", I think that they would cover more of that in sequels which it seems unlikely will be made.

<spoiler alert!> I thought that the principal plot of this movie was the fall of Gabriel, and I thought it was told well in its oblique way.</spoiler alert!>

I have now seen it 3 times, and each time I see more how every piece of the movie goes to support that. Apparently they shot another entire sub-plot about a love interest for the title character. While I would like to see it (is this on the extras on DVD? we haven't explored them yet), I can see why they thought it would distract from the tight focus of purpose that the theatrical version has. Going outside of that focus to include more of the larger good/evil struggle would have (IMHO) been as distracting as a love-interest story line.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I'm waiting to see if it will have a director's cut or extended edition. Seems like a good candidate for one, and I don't wish to double dip on this one.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
j_garcia said:
That's why I'm waiting to see if it will have a director's cut or extended edition. Seems like a good candidate for one, and I don't wish to double dip on this one.
We considered waiting, but knew we'd get our $20 worth of viewing before any sort of DC or XT is released. 2x in one weekend - we're almost there!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis