Connection Troubles.

B

bkz81

Audiophyte
Hello all. This is my first post on here today. Hopefully i can be as detailed as possible with my problem. I have a Toshiba Regza 46inch HDTV, along with a samsung HD cable box. Also i just purchased the Sony BDV-E570 blu-ray Home Theater system. I have the TV and Cable box connected via HDMI which is fine. But when i opened up the Sony HTS yesterday i saw that it only had one HDMI out and no HDMI in. It also has the green, blue, and red component outputs and one yellow video out. At this point i am confused as to where to plug stuff into. I have the Componet Cables, the other Red and white audio cable, spare HDMI cables, and a Digital Audio Cable at hand. How would i go about connecting the Cable box, TV, and HTS properly to get the best results? Thank you all for reading and hopefully someone can help me out, thanks again.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Question like this one comes out very frequently here.
One like it:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42263

there are plenty of others.

to sum it up = basically you need to connect all video signals straight to tv, probably with hdmi cables if possible. every new tv should have digital audio out, but it might be limited to stereo, depends on the model. Try it first - if works with 5.1 ch, just connect it directly to your sony hts.

B

bkz81

Audiophyte
Thanks for the reply back. Yesterday i had the HDMI out of the AV reciever connected to the TV on HDMI 2 and the HDMI 1 on the TV was connected to the cable box. But that didn't work out at all, and maded no sense to me. I did plug in my optical audio cable from the cable to the av reciever and got sound but no video.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
you could return the sony and look at spending just slightly more than you paid and get a better 2.1 system to start with and grow it from there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis