Connecting Speakers to a Computer

Nerwin

Nerwin

Audiophyte
Hello, i'm sure you have heard this a lot and I did a search but I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have some really nice Philips 4ohm speakers that came with my hi-fi system many years ago, these things sound really nice and clear, lots of clean bass, just really good and I love them and right now I have them hooked up to my computer via the amplifier it came with and the amp or receiver is so bulky and big and I just want to get something that I can just set on my desk or something.

These just have speaker wire thats it and what I am looking for is a 2 channel amp that you you plug your speaker wires in and then has a RCA output to plug into a computer.

Now I found the Pyle Mini 2x75W Stereo Power Amplifier and i'm sure it would work, but I read some reviews and it just concerns me whether if it's for every day use. I listen to a lot of music and I do a lot of stuff with video and audio. I also play guitar and I like to have backing tracks play and these speakers do the job just fine.

So with that said I am asking if you have used this and if it's good and if it would power these speakers, I mean they have 6inch subs and a bass port.

I'm also asking if you know of a better way of doing this, so I could get rid of the big bulky receiver I have sitting on the floor.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The Pyle amp or something similar will work just fine for what you want.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis