Connecting multiple speakers to a Dac/amp Question

• Thread starter Do you even lift bro?
  • Start date
Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
I'm really new to this and I'm wondering if I bought the wrong equipment for what I want to do. I bought a dac/amp combo that I want to connect to my TV. It has multiple channels for inputs, fiber optic, rca, etc. It also has a switch that switches between each of those channels. Does that mean I can't have a soundbar connected one way and a pair of speakers connected another way and have them both being used at the same time?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
A name and model number for your dac/amp would be helpful, but generally soundbars are stand-alone systems with their own built-in amplifiers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
Thank you for the reply. It's a Fosi Audio DA2120A Bluetooth 5.0 DAC Hi-Fi Stereo Receiver Audio Amplifier

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The only way I see both working at the same time is if your TV has two outputs that operate at the same time: One for the dac, and one for the soundbar.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
The only way I see both working at the same time is if your TV has two outputs that operate at the same time: One for the dac, and one for the soundbar.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Thank you

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Pick one way to listen to audio, and use it. That's the best practice.

But, you can get a optical audio splitter and send audio to both your sound bar and the little stereo receiver thing you got.
https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Toslink-Splitter-SPDIF-Audio/dp/B00HQ2R314/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

Looks like you will have to limit the audio to stereo, unless the Fosi converts from surround sound down to stereo. This is a common issue in these types of setups where mutli-channel audio and stereo audio can't coexist.

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
I just assumed having multiple speakers would make for better sound. I know I ultimately need a sub and stuff like that. I was just trying to make use of everything I currently have. If it's better to just use the speakers I'll give that a shot.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just assumed having multiple speakers would make for better sound. I know I ultimately need a sub and stuff like that. I was just trying to make use of everything I currently have. If it's better to just use the speakers I'll give that a shot.
You can't use both. Sound bars are awful contraptions. You did not list the model of your TV. If it has an optical out, then I would use that to connect to the Fossi, and get a decent pair of speakers either side of the TV and then add a sub. See how you get on with that. If the speakers are decent, then you will not miss not having a center channel.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
As was mentioned, a TV can be connected to both using HDMI ARC/eARC for soundbar and optical to another device. But, the audio output will need to be set manually on many new TVs in an either/or scenario. I'd go the two speakers with powered sub hooked up to the Fosi and placed accordingly here and forget the soundbar. The Fosi only supports PCM signals so the TV's optical port will need to be set for PCM output as Dolby and DTS signals will not work and will produce no sound or, worse, loud noise when played.

Do you even lift bro?

Do you even lift bro?

Enthusiast
Thank you everyone. So 1 other question. So this might be a stupid question but would the sub get hooked up into the Sub Out port?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis