Connecting Mission M7S 5.1 speakers to Denon 1705

S

Sreeni

Hi,

I have just bought Mission M7S 5.1 speaker package. The manual says connect the umbilical cord (that is what they call the wire) from the sub-woofer to the AV receiver and then connect all the speakers to the sub-woofer. The back of the sub-woofer has got sockets to connect all the speakers.

The umbilical cord end that is plugged to the AV receiver has got a pair of wires for each of the speakers (FL, FR, CS, RL and RR) and a phono-plug that goes into the SUB out on the AV receiver.

The question I have is, why do I need to connect the speakers through the sub-woofer? Why can not I connect them directly to the AV receiver? The sub-woofer has overdrive protection, it seems. Could this be the reason they recommend providing the connection this way?

The problem I have is that the length of the umbilical cord restricts me placing it anywhere I like in the room.

Any suggestions/clarifications will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sreeni.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Without looking at the product, my guess would be there is an internal set crossover point that is acheived wiring it that way. You may be able to get around it. Would have to check out the manual and all.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Problem

Sreeni said:
Hi,

I have just bought Mission M7S 5.1 speaker package. The manual says connect the umbilical cord (that is what they call the wire) from the sub-woofer to the AV receiver and then connect all the speakers to the sub-woofer. The back of the sub-woofer has got sockets to connect all the speakers.

The umbilical cord end that is plugged to the AV receiver has got a pair of wires for each of the speakers (FL, FR, CS, RL and RR) and a phono-plug that goes into the SUB out on the AV receiver.

The question I have is, why do I need to connect the speakers through the sub-woofer? Why can not I connect them directly to the AV receiver? The sub-woofer has overdrive protection, it seems. Could this be the reason they recommend providing the connection this way?

The problem I have is that the length of the umbilical cord restricts me placing it anywhere I like in the room.

Any suggestions/clarifications will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sreeni.

You may be stuck with it...I set up a BOSE system (yes, yes, I know) for a client and it was the same crap...had to connect the speakers to the sub...why you ask....because of the crossovers that were built into the sub, not to mention that they sounded like MORE crap when just connected into the Amp...sounded fine when connected to the sub....so we had to add to the sub line to make it reach the amp. :mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis