COnnecting 5.1 surround

T

thermos2003

I was hoping somone could help me. I just bought surround sound for my TV, DVD set up. The only problem is that the surround sound has 6 audio cables to connect. One for both the front left and right, rear left and right, center speaker and subwoofer. My TV and DVD player both only have a left and right output. How can I make this work? I dont really want surround sound with only 2 working speakers. Please help me.

M

MrKlister

Junior Audioholic
Your dvd player should have a digital out for audio. Connect this to your reciever/prepro digital input for dvd.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
As said above...

Your surround system should include digital audio inputs either on SPDIF or Toslink (RCA/Cable or Optical cable). This is the best way to connect your digital devices including digital/HD cable or DSS, DVD, CD, and game system. The digital connection will send all 5.1 channels into the system.

If only using 2 cables, there is some additional surround information that can be sent on those two cables (nothing to do on your end) to provide surround, but it won't be nearly as clean as a digital connection.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis