Connecting 2 Yamaha Receivers

R

randri71

Audiophyte
I have a RX-A308 that I would like to use as the source and a RX-V270 to use to fill another room with sound. Both rooms are open to each other and each room has a 5.1 setup. My plan was to use the Zone2 preout on the RX-A308 to one of the inputs on the RX-V2700; over a 60 foot run using 12GA wire.

1) Is this the correct way to do this?
2) Will this wire distance or the sound processing on the second receiver cause any detectable sound delay between the speakers in both rooms?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You're going to build your own rca cables out of 12g speaker wire? I don't think you need to use but a good shielded rca cable. You primarily want the same thing to play in both rooms? Might also consider using a Chromecast Audio unit or two....

What's an RX-A308? Don't see such a model. Same for RX-V270. Unless you dropped a zero from the end of each model number?

R

randri71

Audiophyte
That was my plan to add RCA connectors to the 12 GA speaker wire already in place, or i can by proper rca cables if that makes a difference.

Sorry about the dropped 0's ; RX-A3080 and RX-V2700 Yamaha Modesl

R

randri71

Audiophyte
That was my plan to add RCA connectors to the 12 GA speaker wire already in place, or i can by proper rca cables if that makes a difference.

Sorry about the dropped 0's ; RX-A3080 and RX-V2700 Yamaha Modesl
Yes, I want to play same music in both rooms.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Use shielded coax cable, not speaker cable...diy is fine but speaker cable, no.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis