connect avr with a pc

S

spocky

Audiophyte
hey guys,

i have a harman/kardon receiver which is equiped with an Infrared output for other devices if they do not have a visibilityconnection to the remote..

does anyone know if i can use it to plug my pc to control WINAMP or WMP e.*.
where can i get an adapter? or a connection diagramm?

please help me

thanks martin

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
You need to furnish more details about your rig. You could connect your PC to your receiver by using a tape out signal from the receiver to the line in input on your sound card. I think the connection your talking about is a infrared repeater not an audio output. :cool:

S

spocky

Audiophyte
yeah u r right!

i didn't mean an audio signal.
what i'm tryin to do is to control my programs on pc via the remote of my harman. with the prog "winlirc" u can translate buttonpushes on the remote to windows commands. this works especially for windows media player really great.

my problem is that i don't want another stand alone IR receiver connected with my pc because Harmans do have remote in as well as remote out jacks.
so i was wonderin if i can build an adapter to connect the remote out jack to the usb or COM on my pc.
on winlirc homepage (http://winlirc.sourceforge.net) its described how to build such a connection for several other manufactors but not for a harman.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis