Computer to TV..What Cable should I use?

S

sonnyb72

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a Video Card (Gainward 750XP card, with a VIVO interface)...actually its an adapter that plugs into the video card and gives me four jacks, 1 red RCA 1 yellow RCA, 1 yellow S-video and 1 red S-video.....

My tv is about 25 feet away....my question is what do I need to hookup the computer to the tv to watch DVD's

Will a single RCA cable from the video card to the tv suffice for the video...or shall I use S-video cable....any signal loss at 25 feet?

Any help would be appreciated?

Sonny</font>

<font color='#008080'>If you're hooking it up using the options presented, you'll want to run an S-Video cable to get the best picture quality. The yellow connectors are most likely the outputs from the computer (red should be the inputs, which you aren't using)

You'll also need to run audio from your audio output to your TV/receiver in order to hear anything.

Ideally, you would have a sound card with an optical digital output, then run that to your receiver with optical digital inputs. However, analogue will suffice if you do not have the capability to do this.</font>

S

sonnyb72

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the input...</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis