H

hitendra

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>This is specific to using component video cables

Is there any advantage to connecting the dvd player to the tv via the receiver using component video? Or is it better to connect the tv and dvd player directly thus bypassing the receiver?</font>

<font color='#008080'>Unless you have multiple component video sources, or your receiver upsamples composite and S-Video to component, &nbsp;connect the DVD player directly to the TV.</font>

H

hitendra

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Hi

My DVD player outputs component video which my tv can accept directly and presently, that's the only component video source that I have.

Actually, I don't even have a AV receiver yet - am looking for one. However, I am not sure if I should buy speakers first and then look at a receiver or the other way around.</font>

<font color='#008080'>Get your speakers and your receiver at the same time. What woudl you do with either one alone? &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hitendra

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>hawke

obviously i need both - don't argue on that point

my point was - should i first buy speakers and then match a receiver with it or get a receiver first and then buy compatible speakers

or does it really make any difference at all

also, i was checking the denon website and have become a little more confused

they have a receiver - the 2803 - and also an amp - the AVC-A11SR

both of them seem to do the same thing - so what's the difference - i am totally lost!!</font>

J

Jeabus

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I would &quot;think&quot; if you get a reciever with 100watts per channel you don't need an amp to push it. &nbsp;I bought my reciever and speakers at the same time because it would drive me nuts not to be able to use something.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis