Component Video Splitter

I

Iffy

Audiophyte
I've been searching this forum and Google for too long and can't find what I'm looking for. So, it's either really obvious or I'm looking for the wrong thing.

I would like to send the component video out on my AVR-3805 to two locations. I know the 3805 has a "monitor out", but I'd like to send the actual Component Out to two locations. Can I just hook up Y-adapters to the 3 ends? Will the signal be crappy after it? Is there some sort of special Video Splitter I should be using?

Thanks for any help.

U

Unregistered

You need a video distribution amplifier. I know Secrets had a review of a higher end model just recently (hometheaterhifi.com). Geffen makes all kind of video switches and might have what you need.

I

Iffy

Audiophyte
Thanks

Thanks for the help. I couldn't find a review for a product of this type on hometheaterhifi.com. I did find something that I wanted to run past you all. http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?cat%5Fid=509&sku=41066 . It's listed as a composite video and 2 channel audio splitter. Would the same work for the component video? They have a specific one for component video but it's also got audio. I don't need the audio distributed.

Or, does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm not looking to go too overboard on this, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis