Component Video Question

A

agsmith

Audiophyte
***NEWB ALERT***

Hey folks. I seem to have a problem. I have just purchased a 50inch Samsung DLP HDTV. My Home Theater system is a Yamaha YHT-150. This particular Yamaha model does not have any video component jacks on it, and I'm running into a dilemma hooking up my DVD player. What I was told to do was hook up the component video cables from my DVD player to the AV receiver, and then component video from the receiver to the TV. But since I don't have component video on the receiver, I'm thinking I can ust the Component video cables from my DVD player diorectly into my TV and do a digital optical to my receiver. What is the problem with that? Can this be done without sacrificing quality, if at all? Thanks for your help.

I

isko

Audiophyte
Yes you will do exactly what you think, no problem at all. Component cable from DVD player to tv and digital cable from DVD player to receiver. But don't forget to switch receiver on when you play a DVD!!! I think you may also connect your HDTV to receiver in order to get sound from your speakers at the same time. There must bu a line out at the rear of TV:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis