component input question

C

CitronBull

Junior Audioholic
I have a 51" Sony and it has 2 component input. My problem is I need one more component input. I have a Dish 811, HK DVD 22, and now my xbox I want to connect by using the component input. If I connect the Dish receiver by using DVI, that would give me an extra component input for my xbox. Would that work?

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
what about your receiver ? can you plug a couple of component inputs into the receiver and then just run from the receiver to the TV to take up some of the slack ?

nobody (and I mean NOBODY) tells BMXTRIX I advocated video signals going through a receiver....it sounds like a desperate situation to me here... :eek:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Alright, a little off-topic, but since when did it become bad to route your video through reciever? Or am I just misinterpreting your post?

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
jaxvon said:
Alright, a little off-topic, but since when did it become bad to route your video through reciever? Or am I just misinterpreting your post?
I'm not fond of putting any more connections and circuits in the way than absolutely necessary. it's just more chances for interference and for things to go bad (poor connection, faulty wire, whatever). my philosophy is that sound goes to the receiver, video goes to the TV.

it work for me, since i don't mind pushing more than one button to change stuff around and my TV has plenty of inputs.

in CB's case,he may have no other option.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
I should also add, for those who are either new or don't pay alot of attention, that BMX does a lot of installs for people and solves many of these types of problems for post-ers on this site every week.

I will argue with him all week the value of passing or upconverting video through a receiver, but if you want to (or need to) know HOW to do it, there's not many people more knowledgeable or helpful than him.

It's kind of a running gag between me and him. So if he finds out I actually recommended using a receiver, any faith the public might have had in me will be gone. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis