L

LandOf10000Bass

Audiophyte
Hey guys and gals looking for some opinion's on some headphones here. Looking for that sound i get in my car with 4 18 inch 5000 watt subs slamming with 8 component setups too hear music clearly through all that bass. Currently using a class A headphone amplifier too get all the power i need along with multiple audio software programs for clarity too prevent any distortion at high volumes. The high end beats by dre headphones 299.99 ones sound awesome but once i hit the point i wanna turn em up they distort and cant take it. Most people think i'm insane when i turn it up halfway and it sounds like a radio but i want it sooooooo much louder any suggestions? Be nice too take the bass competition home and put it on headphones and not in the car cops don't like it when there that loud. Excuse the beats by dre reference i know there crap just didn't think anyone would know the weird German and Jap ones i've tried already just a reference.

Last edited:
GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Man, save your hearing and turn down the music a bit. Seriously, you'll kill your hearing and will forced in later life to watching your kids/grandkids lips move. And if my departed dad's experience (artillery) is any indication, they will mess with you before you die.

Beats aren't very good. Not just my opinion either. I haven't encountered many audiophiles who give them any more than 4/10 -- but audiophiles usually like flat not fat sound.

Based on what you're after, closed backs are what you're looking for. That's about all I can offer, as I have no experience with trying to fry my ears. Work and Mother Nature are doing good enough work in that regard already. They don't need my help!

L

LandOf10000Bass

Audiophyte
Watch your hearing......been hearing that my whole life...yet i can still hear pins drop no one hears.....ill worry about getting old and the struggle if i even make it there when that days comes. Just want that enjoyment now not the don't do this speech no offence but your comment makes me wanna go harder!

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Fair enough, had to mention it. Responsibility and all that...

Denon AH-D2000. Closed back, wired, 50mm drivers. None of that noise cancelling stuff, which you won't likely need anyway at high listening levels. Bass heavy, JT much cleaner than Dres.

Discontinued, so you may get a deal somewhere. These were $600+ cans when introduced, but I wouldn't pay anything over $300 for them. Buyer's Market.

Pair them up with some Prodigy tracks. If you start to get tinnitus, crank it up further. It will stop soon enough.

Last edited:
John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
JVC HA-SZ200 and an inexpensive headphone amp with bass boost like the Fiio A5. Along with a good source, that is all you will ever need. The JVC has freakin' subwoofers. On your head!
1551053848776.png

1551053871104.png

Unfortunately, JVC discontinued the '2000, so you would have to go the used route and prices have gone up because it is legend. Here is a good forum on it and other "bass kings": https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club.716711/

Strap a well amped pair of those bad boys on your head and you may do this:
1551054246658.png

Seriously though, watch your hearing. You may be young and cocky now, but hearing loss does not occur overnight (unless it is an immediate injury) and you may be kicking yourself in twenty years for not taking care.

Last edited:
GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Seriously though, watch your hearing. You may be young and cocky now, but hearing loss does not occur overnight (unless it is an immediate injury) and you may be kicking yourself in twenty years for not taking care.
Wisdom speaking here, Land.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D600-Maniac-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B008MUXTSU

Like others said you should watch for your volume leves, with both car and headphones. You will end up with constant tinnitus and loss on hearing, like said you might not get it first year or couple years, but when it starts to happen you will regret it. Also you wont get the feel of 18" sub with headphones as that is not physically possible. Denon AH-D600 how ever have really strong bass for headphones if that is what you are after for.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D600-Maniac-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B008MUXTSU

Like others said you should watch for your volume leves, with both car and headphones. You will end up with constant tinnitus and loss on hearing, like said you might not get it first year or couple years, but when it starts to happen you will regret it. Also you wont get the feel of 18" sub with headphones as that is not physically possible. Denon AH-D600 how ever have really strong bass for headphones if that is what you are after for.
I have the 600s and, yes, they have a lot of bass. Too much at moderate and higher listening levels. But I tend to listen to music at low-to-moderate levels, so the bass is not too obtrusive... still wish it was slightly less though.

I suspect your Sennheisers HD600s are better..

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have the 600s and, yes, they have a lot of bass. Too much at moderate and higher listening levels. But I tend to listen to music at low-to-moderate levels, so the bass is not too obtrusive... still wish it was slightly less though.

I suspect your Sennheisers HD600s are better..
HD600 has nice balanced sound in overall. So if you want neutral good sounding headphones, yes, they are better.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I could probably hear a pin drop played thru an audio system . Detect overcompensation

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For competition or daily use? Headphones in/over both ears while driving is illegal in every state.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hey guys and gals looking for some opinion's on some headphones here. Looking for that sound i get in my car with 4 18 inch 5000 watt subs slamming with 8 component setups too hear music clearly through all that bass. Currently using a class A headphone amplifier too get all the power i need along with multiple audio software programs for clarity too prevent any distortion at high volumes. The high end beats by dre headphones 299.99 ones sound awesome but once i hit the point i wanna turn em up they distort and cant take it. Most people think i'm insane when i turn it up halfway and it sounds like a radio but i want it sooooooo much louder any suggestions? Be nice too take the bass competition home and put it on headphones and not in the car cops don't like it when there that loud. Excuse the beats by dre reference i know there crap just didn't think anyone would know the weird German and Jap ones i've tried already just a reference.
Not. Gonna. Happen.

In a car with that much cone area, you feel the bass far more than you hear it. Unless you have something to cause bone conduction along with the sound from the headphones, you won't ever come close.

You might as well kiss your ears goodbye now, because it's not a matter of if they'll go bad, it's a matter of when. Koss headphones have come with a warning about high decibels since at least the '80s and IIRC, their phones don't usually exceed 95dB.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
For competition or daily use? Headphones in/over both ears while driving is illegal every state.
And yet, deaf people can legally drive. I asked a cop about this and he said that it wasn't illegal (at that time),but if a driver wears headphones and causes a crash, they'll be cited for inattentive driving.

To be honest, a loud audio system will make it absolutely impossible to hear sirens, even if the emergency vehicle is on top of the car.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
Watch your hearing......been hearing that my whole life...yet i can still hear pins drop no one hears.....ill worry about getting old and the struggle if i even make it there when that days comes. Just want that enjoyment now not the don't do this speech no offence but your comment makes me wanna go harder!
Next comes, ”Man, if only I knew then what I know now..”

I used to drive one of those rolling subwoofers when I was a teenager, even the. I was more about the quality of the sound than just the quantity. For whatever reason I couldn’t tolerate having panels that vibrates audibly. Still drives me nuts to hear bass cranked up in a car but all I hear is trunk kids, rear hatch, license plates rattling all over the place.

Last edited:
L

LandOf10000Bass

Audiophyte
For competition or daily use? Headphones in/over both ears while driving is illegal in every state.
well obviously not while driving lol i guess people do stupid stuff like that tho sadly

L

LandOf10000Bass

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the help guys!!!! And i do watch my hearing its not 24/7 but no joke my dad is still rolling around in his rolling subwoofer pisses everyone off in the old folks home been doing it 1989 he doesnt have any issues with hearing. Just need too really watch that treble more then the bass for long term. Ill let ya'll know what i think i ordered the denon ah d600's thanks again everyone!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That strikes me as being the same as "I'll keep smoking because my grandfather smoked 3 packs a day and died from the flu at 95."

I have worked in machine shops my whole adult life, some louder than others. Some required hearing protection, some didn't. It's difficult to keep hearing protection in place when you're sweating your ass off and moving around.

A couple weeks ago I installed a system of used gear for a friend. As soon as we lit it up, she complained about that "high pitch squeal"...I heard nothing. Later that day as I brought back the offending item to my dealer, they tested it and though he and I heard nothing, his coworker wandered into the room we were in with phone in hand, staring at it. When we said something to him, he told us he'd been playing a 15khz tone the whole time and neither of us heard a thing.

Hearing damage is cumulative and PERMANENT. You don't know what you don't have without real testing.

Last edited:
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
his coworker wandered into the room we were in with phone in hand, staring at it. When we said something to him, he told us he'd been playing a 15khz tone the whole time and neither of us heard a thing.
You forced me to go pull up a 15khz tone to make sure I could still hear it... based on other videos, at moderate listening levels.

I'm afraid to go any higher. I kept my HF hearing longer than most, but suspect it's slipping noticeably now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis