B

BaSiC Evil

Audioholic Intern
Anyone here have any ideas on where I could obtain some nice ceilign speakers for a retail store installation?

3x10^8

3x10^8

Audioholic
How big is the space? What kind of quality are you looking for? How many speakers? Will the people traffic have "discerning" ears?

My suggestion is that if sound quality doesn't matter (well this always matters, but not to audiophile standards), save yourself some dough and go with something cheap from radioshack, parts express, lowes, homedepot, etc....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
An inexpensive consumer A/V receiver with some 8 ohm speakers can cover many commercial locations. But, if you are dealing with plenum environments, which is often the case with dropped ceilings you must use plenum rating cabling for fire code. As well, I believe the speakers must be contained within back boxes for all connectivity - not positive on all local laws regarding that.

If you could care less - then just get that inexpensive residential receiver and the 8 ohm speakers shown above. I have some AudioSource speakers in my garage and I am constantly amazed at how good they do sound for VERY inexpensive speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis