Comic Rodney Dangerfield Dies at Age 82

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
LOS ANGELES - Rodney Dangerfield (news), the bug-eyed comic whose self-deprecating one-liners brought him stardom in clubs, television and movies and made his lament "I don't get no respect" a catchphrase, died Tuesday. He was 82.
I know this is not audio related, but I felt it appropriate to pay our respect to this comedy legend. Rodney was one of the hand-full of comedians that literally had me rolling on the floor in tears of laughter with witty one-liners in classics such as: Easy Money, Caddyshack, Back to School and so many others. For a man that claimed “I get no respect”, he will always have ours and any moviegoer that enjoys a good laugh.

A few quotes I will always remember and use with discretion occasionally:
“She must have been something before electricity” (Caddyshack)
“Hey I like that hat, what do you get a free bowl of soup with it?” (Easy Money)

[Full Story]

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Three departed comedians that left an open wound with me are:
1) Phil Hartman
2) John Candy
3) Rodney Dangerfield
4) Ted Knight

Ok thats four. Sucks :(

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

That's a bummer- I knew it was touch & go, but I thought I'd read he was starting to get better. At least he had a long and successful career, unlike Hartman, who was cut down in his prime by a murdering psycho wife.

RIP, Rodney.

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
Funniest line ever:

"Hey, you wanna make fourteen dollars the hard way?" - Caddyshack

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
He will be missed. As soon as I heard, I had to put in Caddyshack out of respect.

"I think this place is restricted, so don't tell them you're Jewish"
-Rodney to "Wang"

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
gene said:
“Hey I like that hat, what do you get a free bowl of soup with it?” (Easy Money)

Actually this too is from Caddyshack. The scene in the Pro Shop just after Rodney arrives for the first time (in the movie).

Don't forget, he also introduced Tim Allen ("More Power - So I Rewired it") and several others who apparently dissappeared from the scope because I cannot remember them. Bummer that I was not one of them - though I tried. Twice; open mic at Dangerfields in NYC, but that was years ago. Is it still open?

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You're right, I miss quoted him. I will fix it. Thanks.
"Bubbles, bubbles, where is Bubbles, you can't have a bath without bubbles"
(Back to School)

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
I would like to think that Rodney is making those in Heaven laugh now!

God Bless Him.
He was a very funny man.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
He did what every good comic does: he left us laughing.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis