Combining 2 speakers into 1 tower?

S

SilverSport

Audiophyte
Hi All,

Here is my situation, my basement flooded and I lost 4 speakers. I lost a set of AudioSphere Research AXR-300 and Optimus 600c. What I was thinking of doing was building a custom tower (well within my skill level) and combining one of each speaker into it. I obviously don't know enough about this to know if it will work or not. Each speaker is a 3 way, but one set has 10 inch subs and the other set has 12 inch subs, plus tweeter and mid considerations. Is this a waste of time ???? Thanks in advance.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
SilverSport said:
Hi All,

Here is my situation, my basement flooded and I lost 4 speakers. I lost a set of AudioSphere Research AXR-300 and Optimus 600c. What I was thinking of doing was building a custom tower (well within my skill level) and combining one of each speaker into it. I obviously don't know enough about this to know if it will work or not. Each speaker is a 3 way, but one set has 10 inch subs and the other set has 12 inch subs, plus tweeter and mid considerations. Is this a waste of time ???? Thanks in advance.
.....Silversport, what complicates your considered venture the most, is that each coned speaker element ideally needs it's own sealed atmosphere/space inside the enclosure independent from the other coned speaker elements, with them having their own sealed spaces also....I said ideally....you could end up building multiple enclosures, progressively trashing each predecessor, before you got the internal spaces right....then you get into porting....I would advise you to call Tom at Madisound and see what he says.....

http://madisound.com/contactus.html

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis