Circuit City Madness...

nasd90

nasd90

Audioholic
So, I went down to our soon to be closed Circuit City to see what they had in stock... My wife and I are in the process of redoing the house and while doing so I took advantage of the opportunity to finally have my own office. Thinking about a padlock ... you know how it goes.

So, I all of a sudden needed some sort of sound system because I let my wife keep the Logitech Z-5450 setup for her computer because she's all about 'hidden wires' / 'the clean look' and I could give 2 sh*ts... I want better sound. So, I had this amp my Dad gave me a while back that was sitting out in my home gym, not really being used (hence my gut at the moment)... It's a Pioneer VSX-D409, not bad, not great but it was free. Then I had these Bose 161 speakers that I bought at our old house because our living room at the time wasn't large enough for the Opus 2's I have now. They're not huge either, but hopefully you catch my drift. I then needed a center and a sub. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I went down to the local Circuit City and got a Boston Acoustic HPS10SE powered sub for $150, brand new in box. Not bad for a 12x15 office, and a Polk Audio CS10 for $80, brand new in box.

The store was a mad-house... Audio equipment everywhere, you just had to look on every shelf. I didn't find my deals until about 90 minutes after I got there.

Got home and hooked it up and was surprised that I almost have a real stereo system for my office ! Sounds freakin' pretty good, and cheap !

The employees of Circuit City said they are closing their doors within the next couple of weeks, so make deals while you can.

nasd90

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis