"cinema sound" speakers

D

dmdbur

Audiophyte
Any recommendations for "commercial cinema sound" speakers for home theater, and that is reasonably affordable (even budget class). Looking for speakers for home that will get closest to that signature sound you find when you go to a commercial movie theater.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Those are not affordable for most normal people... myself included. ;)

Look at JBL Studio 5 Series Speakers. They frequently go on sale from between 40 to over 50% off. Many people here like them, though I have not heard them.
Some Klipsch could possibly work for you, though if you care about sound quality, you really should be looking at the RP8000Fs. That said, the Studio 590s will outshine those in overall quality.

Oh.

And get a very good Subwoofer or 3 that is capable down to 16Hz. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can get some actual pro type speakers, they won't be particularly pretty/small in the furniture sense, but can do what you want. What is your budget particularly and for what set of speakers, tho?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Arendal Sound should do the trick, for one suggestion...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Any recommendations for "commercial cinema sound" speakers for home theater, and that is reasonably affordable (even budget class). Looking for speakers for home that will get closest to that signature sound you find when you go to a commercial movie theater.
You're gonna need a much larger room and the acoustic treatments that go with it. That sense of space isn't available to small rooms, with or without electronic effects.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis