Chronicles Of Riddick

T

Topper

Enthusiast
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and so far have enjoyed it. I just watched a movie that I thought had great sound. The base really shook the place. I have a Yamaha RX-V2500 and the speakers are as follows; The center is a Mirage OM - CC up front I have a pair of OM - 9's Mid way back there are a couple of OM - R2's around the back are OM - 60's and the sub is a Velodyne DLS - 3750R (Plaster cracker) I have watched a bunch of the movies that were picked here and have enjoyed them and was wondering if anyone has seen the Chronicles Of Riddick, and if you had what did you think of it sound wise???
Topper

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Welcome to AH, Topper. :D I have the Director's Cut of Riddick, and not only is the sound very good, the movie is much better than the theatrical version. For some weird reason, Kristine Lehman's character was completely cut from the version shown in theaters, and so much other essential stuff was cut that frankly I'm baffled. Why did they feel they needed to get it down to 90 minutes? At any rate, do yourself a favor and get the Director's Cut. Definately a good scifi flick.

T

Topper

Enthusiast
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the reply! I should have mentioned that I had the directors cut. I thought that the movie started out a little lame but it got better about the third chapter.
Topper

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
Your right it is a great movie very good sound, but if you ou like bass try the DTS track on "Master & Commander". My remote of my Denon 3805 could not stop to light up...and it was on a soft foam foot rest :eek: !!!

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
I generally only see movies in theaters if they're presented in DLP, and Riddick wasn't. After tepid reviews from friends (and worse from the press) I went into the NetFlix viewing expecting some cool visuals and not much else. 2 hours later, this movie went right on my xmas list, it showed up in my stocking (thanks, D!) and I just watched it again this past weekend.

I think it's a great movie! I can't speak to the sound as I'm only 2.0, but the story is cool and it looks nothing less than incredible. I also can't compare to the original release, but it's only a few minutes of added footage according to the box, and I only noticed the splices Twohy warns about in 2 or 3 spots.

This is one of the most underrated movies of 2004. At the very least, rent it, and if you like it, buy it, because Vin and Twohy are relying on DVD sales and rental figures to determine if there will be a 3rd installment in the Riddick series. (Which, BTW, if you haven't seen Pitch Black, wha...?!?!? One of best SF movies in history.)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis