TV stand, entertainment center, audio rack furniture, or whatever you want to call it, suggestion thread

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Update:

So I ended up finding out about this cheap Ikea option, which I really don't like personally, but it is functional. Didn't realize how small it was in the shelf area though, my 7012 has to sit on top of the cabinet, which isn't a big deal, just not really what I wanted. It was also $180, vs the $2500 one I want from Salamander (in time probably). But now I have two issues.

The problem now is that the center is pretty low. I have an extra 6.5 inches or so (insert joke from wife) below the TV to the center channel. I want to raise it up a bit but all the stands I see are like 12"+. Does anyone know of a good option, other than books, to raise the speaker up a bit? A quick google search didn't bring up any reasonable options for a 42lb center. I did see a riser from monoprice that is a couple inches, so that could work.

The next issue is that the center is always low, even when I previously had it covering the bottom part of the TV by a few inches. Would something like an angled riser wedge that would direct the tweeter more toward ear level be a better option?View attachment 57179
You might look at 2 stacked 4 X 4 front and back, painted BLACK. Are the 2 main tweeters above ear level? If so, can you modify the stands? That might also put all 3 speaker tweeters at ear level along with raising the center channel.

the machine

the machine

Audioholic
Hard to judge the spacing from your photo...
That's why I mentioned the Yoga blocks.
Angle is important, but also maintaing some distance from Center Channel Baffle to Screen. Most will say you want to have about 1' distance from the baffle of the Speaker to the screen, and I can tell you with certainty that it sucks if you end up blocking off your IR receiver on the screen. :p
Seems like you found a reasonable solution though. :)
Yes, blocking the IR is a PITA. My prior stand had the center covering it by about 2 inches. Turning the TV on and off was a chore and caused me many trips when the wife or kids couldn't figure out why they couldn't turn anything on or off.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Have a look at this solid wood audio racks
Myro HiFi Rack

I think thay do custom size also
Pretty cool designs. Good wood choices. Pricey. $1,000+ for a 3 shelf system without shipping.
But if it strikes your fancy that's going to be OK.
It appears they are in the UK. I am in the US. Shipping might be a bitch.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
Pretty cool designs. Good wood choices. Pricey. $1,000+ for a 3 shelf system without shipping.
But if it strikes your fancy that's going to be OK.
It appears they are in the UK. I am in the US. Shipping might be a bitch.
Have you looked at Salamander Designs?

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I'm 40 with kids, so the idea of a make shift stand isn't going to cut it. I'm for sure getting either this or this. Now it is just a matter of determining how close I want the speakers to be next to the stand.

I'm in CT. The more I've looked, the less I like open racks. VTI does make nice stuff, I have a pair of their speaker stands for my surrounds. (side note, how do you like the AVM70? It's next on my list after the cabinet)
I‘m in the same boat as you. Looking at the Oslo 247 from Salamander. Let us know how you like it when you get it.

E

eagleray

Enthusiast
Title sums it up. I'm looking for some new furniture. Currently have an ikea piece of furniture housing all of my audio equipment/gaming systems. Looking for something around 65" wide, 24" tall. Salamander designs are very nice but so expensive, and the height options are 21 and 31". The 21" is a bit small and the 31" is too large. The bottom of my TV is 37" from the floor, and center is SVS ultra at 8.25", and in the future focal sopra center at 10"+. 24" height is really all I can do, unless a larger height unit has a built in center area. Some of the salamander designs have these center channel shelves, but the largest one I think was 7.5".

I'm open to any suggestions as long as they are not enclosed. Mesh doors are fine, or no doors are fine as well.

Thanks in advance!
Luxury Online Home Furniture
I'd love to see more ways to personalize our homes, and i had a few ideas:

• Mounted Fish - Much like the one we start with in the home, though i'd like to see the carp specifically as another one
  • Mounted Animals - We have animal fur rugs, and I saw a mounted Beefalo head in a store, it'd be great to be able to craft some animal-themed taxidermy decor. Can't be a big game hunter without the big game trophies!
  • A usable bed
  • A few fireplace options
  • Paintings
  • Have tables hold place-able objects like bookshelves can
  • A fishtank could be cool, could put caught fish and trapped frogs in it
  • Maybe some birdcage options that might match the home style better? maybe a generic cage that can even hold the squirrels
  • Multiple room upgrade option!
just a few ideas! i actually love decorating the house, so thought some more ideas could be cool

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis