Christie Eclipse 4k Laser Projector!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You notice the 62-80dB Sound Level? :D

And the 20 million:1 Dynamic Contrast, instead of giving Native Contrast like BARCO does?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

And the 20 million:1 Dynamic Contrast, instead of giving Native Contrast like BARCO does?
Hahaha, this projector would definitely be put behind a wall. Real movie theater style.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
So what I'm seeing on the web is that this baby sells for around $350k-$400k. I mean, that may look high, but come on, if you want the best you gotta pay up. Would you even need a Lumagen or MadVR processor with this high end projector? Hahaha, see plenty of people on AVS Forums spending $50-$100k on projectors and still needing the video processors to pair. Looking for that perfect picture!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So what I'm seeing on the web is that this baby sells for around $350k-$400k. I mean, that may look high, but come on, if you want the best you gotta pay up. Would you even need a Lumagen or MadVR processor with this high end projector? Hahaha, see plenty of people on AVS Forums spending $50-$100k on projectors and still needing the video processors to pair. Looking for that perfect picture!
That it? I was expecting more...
/s

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Totally agree. Heck at the very minimum 8k. I mean JVC is giving Faux 8k for $390k less. :D
Lol. No kidding. Granted, the JVC won't heat your house like the Christie will. Nor will it slowly make you go deaf. Granted, 62 db isn't THAT high.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I'm wondering how long it will be before TI gives us a native 4K chip in the consumer realm. As JVC moves forward into an 8K/HDMI 2.1 standard, and pulls the entire market forward, it is very likely we will see a quick response from Sony, and then something will need to give at the lower end from LCD and DLP. Just not sure what.
The crazy native 4K stuff is hardly new. We've seen it for a number of years now, but it's probably not going to be something I will replace my house with anytime soon.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm wondering how long it will be before TI gives us a native 4K chip in the consumer realm. As JVC moves forward into an 8K/HDMI 2.1 standard, and pulls the entire market forward, it is very likely we will see a quick response from Sony, and then something will need to give at the lower end from LCD and DLP. Just not sure what.
The crazy native 4K stuff is hardly new. We've seen it for a number of years now, but it's probably not going to be something I will replace my house with anytime soon.
I feel like DLP is running into similar issues as plasma tech did when the 4k stuff started popping up. Maybe there's just a technological limitation that isn't going to let it get there. I really thought we'd see native 4K DLP before now. They say the current crop look great, but I haven't seen one yet to have an opinion.

I love my 1080p DLP PJ. It's been a staple in my house for over a decade, but it's time to replace and a new DLP might not be in the cards. Once the bulb dies, it's gone.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I feel like DLP is running into similar issues as plasma tech did when the 4k stuff started popping up. Maybe there's just a technological limitation that isn't going to let it get there. I really thought we'd see native 4K DLP before now. They say the current crop look great, but I haven't seen one yet to have an opinion.

I love my 1080p DLP PJ. It's been a staple in my house for over a decade, but it's time to replace and a new DLP might not be in the cards. Once the bulb dies, it's gone.
I made the jump from Epson 1080p to JVC 4k this year and what huge improvement it was. Totally worth the jump. Now would be a great time to jump into 4k. With the new JVC lasers coming out, tons of people are selling their NX models. Dealers are selling for great prices to clear out the NX for the new NZ line.

I think Sony is still trying to act like they're the only ones in the market. Their prices just keep going up but I'm not seeing any real improvement with the actual projectors. Besides their new chips. JVC dropping these lasers with 8k e-shift and 4k/120hz in the price range they have, is just game changing. Hopefully Sony wakes up and actually enters the laser market in the $10-$20k range instead of the $25k-$80k range.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I made the jump from Epson 1080p to JVC 4k this year and what huge improvement it was. Totally worth the jump. Now would be a great time to jump into 4k. With the new JVC lasers coming out, tons of people are selling their NX models. Dealers are selling for great prices to clear out the NX for the new NZ line.

I think Sony is still trying to act like they're the only ones in the market. Their prices just keep going up but I'm not seeing any real improvement with the actual projectors. Besides their new chips. JVC dropping these lasers with 8k e-shift and 4k/120hz in the price range they have, is just game changing. Hopefully Sony wakes up and actually enters the laser market in the $10-$20k range instead of the $25k-$80k range.
I know it'll be a big jump, but since I'm a once a decade PJ purchaser, I'm going to hold out and see what comes up. I would really like to do away with traditional lamps if I could, but I would have zero problems getting an NX model PJ. Used? I don't know, but if I trusted the seller I'd be game.

Absolute Ultimate AV

Absolute Ultimate AV

Audiophyte

The Christie Eclipse does not have any Dynamic Contrast functionality. The 20 MILLION:1 is the NATIVE ON/OFF Contrast performance ;)

The operating noise levels are highest with respect to the Chiller which can be situated up to 100 feet away, so in a completely different room. The Christie Eclipse comprises three component parts, namely the Projector Head, Laser Module Rack, and Chiller. These all run on single phase power and will need to be situated within a projection room or booth.

The Christie Eclipse is the ultimate video display. It outperforms all other displays across all formats, including OLED TVs and MicroLED Video Walls.

We are the exclusive worldwide Distributor for Home Theaters. If you are interested in becoming a Dealer for the Christie Eclipse let me know.

We have a fully operational Christie Eclipse demo unit in our Florida Experience Center. You will be most welcome to come and visit and check out its truly incredible video performance.

Last edited:
Absolute Ultimate AV

Absolute Ultimate AV

Audiophyte
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY SCREENSHOTS OF PROJECTED IMAGE VIDEO PERFORMANCE:

(NOTE: UNFORTUNATELY THESE WILL NOT SHOW THE BT.2020 COLOR PERFORMANCE... YOU CAN ONLY SEE THIS IN PERSON!)

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The Christie Eclipse does not have any Dynamic Contrast functionality. The 20 MILLION:1 is the NATIVE ON/OFF Contrast performance ;)

The operating noise levels are highest with respect to the Chiller which can be situated up to 100 feet away, so in a completely different room. The Christie Eclipse comprises three component parts, namely the Projector Head, Laser Module Rack, and Chiller. These all run on single phase power and will need to be situated within a projection room or booth.

The Christie Eclipse is the ultimate video display. It outperforms all other displays across all formats, including OLED TVs and MicroLED Video Walls.

We are the exclusive worldwide Distributor for Home Theaters. If you are interested in becoming a Dealer for the Christie Eclipse let me know.

We have a fully operational Christie Eclipse demo unit in our Florida Experience Center. You will be most welcome to come and visit and check out its truly incredible video performance.
Hahaha, Nigel welcome to Audioholics! Thanks for posting about the Christie Eclipse!

J

jlanzy

Enthusiast
LG has released the 136" microled for $300,000. If that is the maximum size you can use, I think I would prefer that over the projector solution requiring its own separate room. Obviously having a center speaker at ear level isn't an option with a panel display. I just hope that prices for larger microled video walls or the 6 chip dlp christie tech come down sooner than later.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
LG has released the 136" microled for $300,000. If that is the maximum size you can use, I think I would prefer that over the projector solution requiring its own separate room. Obviously having a center speaker at ear level isn't an option with a panel display. I just hope that prices for larger microled video walls or the 6 chip dlp christie tech come down sooner than later.
LG has them from 81" to 325" and they are available in custom sizes. Typically the LED panels are little rectangles that can be custom configured and assembled in any size desired. Obviously, if they are fully framed and built into a specific setup, they may have some 'fixed' sizes available, but still, the LED panels are typically as small as a few inches by a few inches in size so that they can be field replaced easily.

I've yet to see one which I would consider an honest replacement to a large format projector or television. Their processing and image capability hasn't been as flawless, and since they are made up of separate LED modules, there is often a visible, albeit very small, line that appears at the seams.

This is just a continued miniaturization of what has been used in stadiums and for outdoor signage for decades.

I was part of a team that installed a dual 16.5' wide 4K display several years ago. Watched the Superbowl on it. Not bad, but not great either.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
The Christie Eclipse can throw an image on a 300" screen. The price on those is over $350k. They have 3 different lumen models-9,000, 17,000 and 25k lumens. It's definitely a gigantic investment. But if you want the best of the best and have the means, you should grab one a Christie Eclipse. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis