Choosing a new roof?

D

diwit

Audioholic Intern
Hi. We have a Welsh Record rooftop on our late 1920s 3-bed semi. As a touch of foundation, we purchased the house a long time back and the homebuyers report let us know that the rooftop was "end of life" and that because of various slipped records (x16) and the way that many adjoining properties have had new rooftops (everything except x1 was chamber reestablished), it should have been supplanted totally. A different organization then overviewed it and denounced it with a funny £12k to supplant. I as of now have had statements since around 4-5 k. At any rate, the spouse's companion's Father is a roofer. Emerged, put x16 new records on, repointed edges, and said effectively 10 years or so left in it. No issues from that point forward until storm Arwen were x3 ousted records happened prompting spills. Just had the option to get these supplanted alongside about one more 2 or 3 suspect records because of time killers over Christmas. At the point when I asked their perspective on the rooftop they said that while it's had broad fixes (about x40 or so shivers spotted around each of the three sides) however at that point on the off chance that it's not releasing then they can't advise me to purchase another one roofing contractor arlington va- yet it would be unique assuming I needed to get them out each and every other month. Thus, the 4k imprint gets me another Marley substantial plain rooftop which matches the gathering ones, bordering neighbors and the newly developed street. In any case, when I set out to find out about it, some say the substantial rooftops are perfect, and others say not. Some say additional help is required yet I have not seen anybody here do everything except new fastens going across. Some say they most recent 50 years (I'll be dead by then, at that point) others express 50% of that (I could in any case be around) so uncertain's ideal. Then there is the Welsh record, obviously awesome and the most costly covering on the planet do I simply keep on with the shivers? I pondered a strip, new fastens, and records back on from here on out and some say that is the most effective way others inquire as to how could you need another rooftop comprising of very nearly 100-year-old materials. What are your considerations?

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi. We have a Welsh Record rooftop on our late 1920s 3-bed semi. As a touch of foundation, we purchased the house a long time back and the homebuyers report let us know that the rooftop was "end of life" and that because of various slipped records (x16) and the way that many adjoining properties have had new rooftops (everything except x1 was chamber reestablished), it should have been supplanted totally. A different organization then overviewed it and denounced it with a funny £12k to supplant. I as of now have had statements since around 4-5 k. At any rate, the spouse's companion's Father is a roofer. Emerged, put x16 new records on, repointed edges, and said effectively 10 years or so left in it. No issues from that point forward until storm Arwen were x3 ousted records happened prompting spills. Just had the option to get these supplanted alongside about one more 2 or 3 suspect records because of time killers over Christmas. At the point when I asked their perspective on the rooftop they said that while it's had broad fixes (about x40 or so shivers spotted around each of the three sides) however at that point on the off chance that it's not releasing then they can't advise me to purchase another one - yet it would be unique assuming I needed to get them out each and every other month. Thus, the 4k imprint gets me another Marley substantial plain rooftop which matches the gathering ones, bordering neighbors and the newly developed street. In any case, when I set out to find out about it, some say the substantial rooftops are perfect, and others say not. Some say additional help is required yet I have not seen anybody here do everything except new fastens going across. Some say they most recent 50 years (I'll be dead by then, at that point) others express 50% of that (I could in any case be around) so uncertain's ideal. Then there is the Welsh record, obviously awesome and the most costly covering on the planet do I simply keep on with the shivers? I pondered a strip, new fastens, and records back on from here on out and some say that is the most effective way others inquire as to how could you need another rooftop comprising of very nearly 100-year-old materials. What are your considerations?
Yes, and I'd like that translated please!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Your are just lucky you don"t like in Florida. The insurance roof game, is real and serious. But that's another thread of its own.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
@cpp Thank you so much for your suggestion
Just this week, a neighbor on my road, was basically forced to get a new tile roof, on 1820 sq ft, single story home. His 1st quote $64,000. He's waiting on his 2nd and 3rd quotes to come in, but I would bet, with DeathSantis running Fla and doing zip, nada about insurance cost, those other quotes will be within $2k to 4k apart. Its a scam game between the insurance companies and the roofers and the state just allows it.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
DeathSantis is more concerned about any roofing being done by Drag Queens.
100 years from now Florida is going to be a nice scuba attraction though.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
DeathSantis is more concerned about any roofing being done by Drag Queens.
100 years from now Florida is going to be a nice scuba attraction though.
Anti-woke approved DeSantis picture of the future of Florida.

1681652301497.png

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Putting concrete tiles on in place of slate usually leads to roof sagging without extra support
Theres probably no felt under the slates
That why the roof leaks when you loose a slate
I would strip the roof Membrane and Batton and reuse the slate
I did this with my neighbors roof (Welsh slate) and had to buy about a 100 extra slates and simply re holed others
Got to agree, our home (s) the last two have concrete barrel tiles. And the substructure to hold they weight of the tiles, not to mention the 3/4 plywood roof material for a 300 sq ft roof is substantial. And in the US there are building codes to follow to ensure your roof is constructed correctly to handle the years of weight.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis