China Made 3D 4K Projectors

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
Good day to you all. I bought an Hdd android TV box with built in 4K and 3D & HDR 10 features. It's not the most perfect thing but I do love it till date. They have a forum with lots of followers voicing their grievances as to how to improve and they have been updating it monthly. The player has made me love 4K so much that I wanted to get a Projector in 4K as well but looking at Brands like Sony, Epson, BenQ, Optoma to name a few, their projectors are not for those of us with "one" eye. Has someone ever pulled a plug on those Chinese projectors to see how they fare? From all the reviews I read about the aforementioned name brands, none came out clean without negative reviews. I will be glad to hear from anyone who has any aside those high end name brands and which is good. I can't go beyond $700. As I have a screen to purchase too as well.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There are no true 4K projectors on the market for under $5,000 at this time. There are a few which use pixels shifting to achieve 4K and the cheapest is around $2,000.

If you are buying anything under that price point, the most you can realistically get is 1080p resolution.

Reviews on most websites are almost always from people who have no idea what shadow detail is, what black levels are supposed to be, how to measure contrast, how to look for motion details, what accurate color is, or even what the term 'native resolution' means. They buy them as 'fun for the kids', and are happy, without realizing that a decent 1080p projector can pretty easily rival most movie theaters.

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
There are no true 4K projectors on the market for under $5,000 at this time. There are a few which use pixels shifting to achieve 4K and the cheapest is around $2,000.

If you are buying anything under that price point, the most you can realistically get is 1080p resolution.

Reviews on most websites are almost always from people who have no idea what shadow detail is, what black levels are supposed to be, how to measure contrast, how to look for motion details, what accurate color is, or even what the term 'native resolution' means. They buy them as 'fun for the kids', and are happy, without realizing that a decent 1080p projector can pretty easily rival most movie theaters.
Thank you

D

dafirst

Junior Audioholic
I am also in the market for those chinese projectors as well as the name brands. I do also have an Egreat Android Hdd box which is amazing. 4k 3d. I wish we will have a huge forum here to discuss into details as to which ones to go with. One thing i know is, the Name brands have invested lots of money into commercials or advertising. Mostly on youtube, everyone doing videos in home theater gives out their reviews and i believe they are paid reviews and as such won't be very honest. Secondly regarding the Chinese models, a friend also told me they also offer people coupons or some gifts for positive reviews. I once saw a review on amazon someone saying they bribe people to do that. But my point it, how much can they offer when you purcahse something expensive and it doesn't work for you and then give a positive feedback. I saw a few on aliexpress claiming to deliver full 4k 3840x2160 @ 60hz.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The Egreat Android player is a long way from a cheap projector from China. The A5 and A10 are discussed in various forums.

There are tons of non-name brands out there, and they are often garbage, with some others that have nice product, but those with nice product cost just as much as the name brands.

Why? Because a single LCD panel projector looks like crap and is the vast majority of garbage products out there.

They also lie, through their teeth, without remorse, about what their projector actually is capable of. Typically it is their contrast claim which is worst, and then their lumen claim is off by a factor of 3 to 10 fold. Think about what a ten fold lie means when the claim is 3,000 lumens. Projector Central reviewed several cheap Chinese projectors and they found that not one of them was appropriate for home theater use.

But, then you get a mode like the XGimi H1, which does look very good. It uses a Texas Instrument DLP Pico chip in it and delivers plenty of brightness for a 100"+ screen size in a small package from an unheard of Chinese company. Of course the projector is $900 (or so), which is the same price that other LED based projectors of decent quality cost, and it's nearly twice the price of the BenQ W1070a which is brighter and has better contrast.

At the end of the day, these models have all been value engineered by Epson, BenQ, Optoma, and others. They are all made in China to being with (or similar), so it's not like China is the issue. It's the actual cost involved in making a decent projector that runs cost up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis