check out these speaker cables

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Yes indeedy, good 'ol Canare! Basically a non-fancy looking version of River Cable's Starflex SPX and the same thing you can get over at Blue Jeans. But hey, another source of quality is always good!

Edit: Upon further inspection, it really looks like Have Inc. is the parent company of River Cable. They carry the same products, and their terminated speaker cables have the same techflex on the ends as well as the same locking banana plugs. Woo! (completely unnecessary, but what the hell).

Last edited:
P

PhilTheMan

Audiophyte
Yep, HAVE Inc is River Cable. But I don't think the HAVE Inc Canare 4S-11 cables ($94.78 for 10 ft pair) come with the birth certificate. The dressed up Canare 4S-11 from River Cable, AKA StarFlex does ($194.99).

For the extra $100, I hope the certificate is gold plated. :)

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that extra 100 bucks also covers more spiffy looking techflex on the cables as well as the labor costs associated with the testing. Is it worth it to me? No. But for someone who wants/needs something with the *BLING*, then yes.

S

steverm

Enthusiast
I think that price is for one cable. Plus you can add techflex and still save money. Assuming you don't want to just build the whole thing yourself.

Last edited:
jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I'm almost certain it's for a single cable. The website never uses "Cables" or "Pair", but always cable. Plus, when you look at the price, it lists it as X dollars EA, indicating one cable.

Boe, what do you mean by:

boe said:
I'm concerned they may have taken the cable and made two connections off of it instead of using two cables.

B

boe

Audioholic
Please ignore my previous post - it was worthless.

You are correct - it is for one speaker only you need to buy a pair.

The price is still very good since I don't want make my own. I would love it if they offered the option like blue jeans of offering techflex on the cable. I guess I should have been smart and asked bluejeans if I could get the techflex on the leads like the haves although I would prefer the nylon vs the PET for the center part. I know it doesn't add emi shielding but I like the look for some reason.

Last edited:
B

boe

Audioholic
Update Have said they will put techflex on the center but they need to figure out a price - I'll let you know what the results are - I forgot to specify nylon so I'm not sure if they will offer that. I'm just stoked I won't have to look at the gray cable any more.

J

JimNew

Audiophyte
Bo - I would prefer a dark covering to hide the lighter rubber insulation. I took your idea and asked Have to make those cables for me. There price for the covering was reasonable - now I'll have to receive them before I can tell you about the quality. I was thinking about making my own but that seemed like a lot of work due to my limited amount of space. If I already owned a heat gun and a hot knife and some good electrical solder I suppose I would have made them myself.

I'll post if I should have made them myself or if I made the right decision when I get these.

B

boe

Audioholic
Thanks

I'm looking forward to finding out what your opinion is. Please give us the details.

inmypjs

inmypjs

Junior Audioholic
OMIGOD! They are indeed a clone of River Cable's Starflex cable. Now if we only know if they are as good.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Why wouldn't they be as good? It's the same company, just less *BLING* on the main part of the cable. There isn't going to be a difference in sound quality.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis