D

dis

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Is there such a thing as lower end preamps/processors most I read about are big $$$.</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>You should check out www.outlawaudio.com; their model 950 is a pretty full featured pre/pro for $799! &nbsp;I haven't heard it myself, but I've heard mostly positives about it, and at that price it has no competition.

Of course, where you define expensive is a relative thing. &nbsp;A lot of guys call a $1500 unit a 'budget' or 'entry level' model, while for me that's sorta a lot of jing. Of course, I have friends whose eyes bug out when I tell 'em my reciever cost $1100; it's all in how you look at it, I guess. &nbsp;Some of those guys who thing $10k wrapped up in my system is nuts have $15k motorcycles or $10k jetskis, which to me is F'in nuts!</font>

D

dis

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Cheaper for me would be $800-1200. Most of the ones I see are around $2000 and over with the exception of the rotel.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I heard the Outlaw 950 at HE2002, with its mated 200w x 7 amp, we listened to some music (can't remember who) and watched pieces of Vertical Limit, and Gladiator (in DTS-ES). &nbsp;This preamp didn't sound bad at all, the component video, isn't much to worry about, with my glasses i see 20/20 in both eyes, I couldn't tell the difference.

I actually strongly though about going with that preamp, and using my old Sony STR-DE845 as an amp until I could get the 100w x 5 or 7 from Outlaw , but I didn't &nbsp;have the money to do so.

:)~

Bob</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis